Volume 1 Chapter 09: Sparkling Progression

Dear Diary,

Class today has gone by decently.

I say 'decently' because if you average them all out, I did well. Chemistry and math were tough to sit through as usual, but I think I aced my literature test! History was also okay, we spent another day on the warring states era, but I surprisingly knew a lot about it.

There was a novel I read earlier this month that had to do with a couple who found themselves trapped between two different factions and their love for each other, and I guess it since it took place in that era, I was able to learn about it from there.

Who would've thought?

Another thing, I also noticed I'm doing better in gym class now. I was able to do 10 pushups today! And during relay running, I almost finished fifth!

It might be because of all of the training I've done lately?

Sorry again for not writing as much as I have been, it's just that we all were working really really really hard for the live show last weekend. I wrote about this before, but it's all I've been thinking about in these past few days.

I finally had my chance to shine, but it wasn't anywhere close to being the perfect performance. I couldn't sing on my own at first, but I'm still really grateful for everyone who was there for me until I could.

I still can't believe how much I've done since I started this diary. It's only been a few months, but there's just been so much to write about ever since I became an idol again. Now that the NeoStars have put themselves out there in a concert, there's so much to do.

More concerts, commercials, maybe even our own songs...

The feeling of a broom brushing against Hana's school shoes brought her out of her writing trance.

Looking around, she was one of the few people left in her classroom, and the only one who was still sitting down. It was the end of the school day, so people were now cleaning up the room and putting away desks and chairs for clubs to use.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to disrupt you," a taller girl with blonde hair and glasses said to her. "You looked really focused."

"No it's okay, I should have already left by now," Hana looked at her phone to see the time. It had already been eight minutes since the final bells chimed. "I really need to go, actually."

"Is it idol work?"

Hana nodded as she placed her bag on the top of her desk to put her stationery inside of it. "My Producer wanted to meet with me after school before my lesson today starts. I have no idea what for, though."

"Maybe your last performance?"

"Maybe..." Hana sighed. She put her bag over her shoulder, walking out of the classroom. "I need to go, see you tomorrow!"

She waved off her classmate, nearly running into another one on the way out. As she walked across her school to reach its gymnasium, she tried her best to not bump into any of the other students still roaming the halls. Apparently, Akari was also someone who the Producer wanted to talk to, so she figured they would go to the office together. By now, the upperclassman should have been ready to leave with her.

"Akari-senpai?" Hana asked aloud once she reached the gym.

She yelped as the redhead nearly took her legs out with a dust mop. "Sorry, excuse me!"

"Watch where you're going!" another student yelled at her.

Akari ran past her, sweeping the floor so quickly that she was almost running from one end of the gymnasium to the other. She was dressed in red shorts and a white t-shirt, with her hair tied up in a high ponytail swaying back and forth with every step.