Chapter 03: You're Here to Turn Into Dreams

"I want to shine my entire heart out!"

The eight girls dancing in the practice room waved their arms back and forth as they stepped left and right to the beat.

"It's something that I can do because I'm not alone."

They moved in unison, extending a number 1 hand sign to their left, middle, and then to their right.

"You can say (miracles) are what this is called. These are our DIAMOND DAYS, let's enjoy them!"

Their reflections in the mirror looked back at them as they practiced along to the voices of the Million Stars. Hana stood next to one of them, Kitazawa Shiho, at the center of the formation while Haruka supervised the practice. Shiho had a white and blue training shirt and wore her dark hair loose, while the All-Star wore a red shirt and training pants, with two matching ribbons accenting her brown hair.

"I'm so happy that now I want to tell you,"

For their mini-live in three weeks, this would be the final song of the night.

"Thank you so much, now let's go and continue with me,"

They repeated the same moves as earlier but this time bowing instead of pointing.

"This dream we all share now is neverending."

Hana's hands reached out to an imaginary crowd as the song started to end. She had been keeping up with Shiho until now, and she just had to finish strong.

"Truly, having friends, it really really is,"

The girls dancing finished the chorus by turning around, throwing a peace sign into the air. Their next line was more of a shout than actual singing.

"The best!"

With no lyrics left, both hands were free as they danced to the ending of the song. Everyone moved nearly in sync, their hands outstretched, turning, and then finally going out of order with the song's concluding moves. The girls spent the next twenty seconds taking turns pointing a finger to the sky before lowering them as a group and then repeating the process.

The song ended with everyone holding the same pose: hands on the hips, a foot behind the other, and heads tilted to the right. Hana let out a deep breath as she looked around to see the faces around her. This was the last song they practiced today, but everyone looked as focused as ever.

"Good work everyone! That's it for today," Haruka said now that DIAMOND DAYS was over. "Is there anything you guys want to go over before we end the session?"

Miyagi Nari raised her hand from the end of the line. "Haruka-senpai, can we go over the chorus for Lunar Dolce again?"

"Of course!" the All-Star smiled. She turned towards her right side, where Hana's unit stood between members of Almandite. "Triple Point, is there anything else you want to practice?"

Hana hoped that no one would respond from her unit. They had been practicing for two hours now. She wanted to take a break, but she didn't want to hold back everyone else.

"Today's lessons were sufficient for me," Reina said from Hana's left. "I'm fine with letting the others practice since they're newer."

"Can we stay and watch?" Akari asked.

Haruka smiled in response. "Sure!"

"Me too," Hana said. She looked over at Akari. "I'll watch some of this with you."

The two walked to the back of the room and sat down on its wooden flooring. This was her time to get a break now that practice for her was over, but she still wanted to see how the other girls would do. The two separate sessions only joined together to learn their group song, so she hadn't been able to see what Almandite was like.