Volume 1 Chapter 01: Welcome!!

Two months later

"One-two-three-four! Ready, set, jump!"

Seven girls jumped in near-unison in the dance practice room of the new 765 Office. For this part of the lesson, they were all dancing along to the Million Stars song, Welcome!!.

When they were back on their feet less than a second later, the dance for the song continued.

"I really, really love you!"

Kanagawa Hana tried her best to keep up with the girl who was leading dance practice for the day. The two of them had similar builds, but the girl in front of her was infinitely more agile. Her movements were also much more fluid, yet somehow still had a graceful composure to them. It was as if dancing was as natural to her as breathing.

What was surprising was that she was also smiling throughout the entire song. Her long, light brown hair and twin braids framing the side of her face bounced around with every jump and turn.

Without a doubt, Kousaka Umi was the real deal.

"I want these overflowing "Thank you!"s to reach you more and more!"

All of their right hands slowly raised upwards, starting from their hip area and ending when they were pointing at the ceiling.

"Everyone take a second to get some water!" Akizuki Ritsuko said to the group. She was supervising this session. "Be ready by the time the guitar solo finishes."

Kanagawa Hana sighed as the song reached its bridge. She headed over to the shelves near the practice room door, opening her water bottle and taking a drink. Her breathing had slowed down a little bit but was still heavier than usual. Looking at the mirror, she moved some of the pink hair off of her forehead that had started to mat with sweat.

It definitely made practice tougher, but the days 765 Productions' Million Stars helped out were the ones Hana looked forward to the most. Not a day went by that she didn't see one of 765 Productions first 52 girls on an advertisement or commercial. Kousaka Umi, with her ballet experience and flexible body, was one of the best choices to help with dance practice.

Hana had a little under a minute to compose herself before she had to get back to her position. Since this was just dance practice, the new recruits didn't need to do the calls for the audience that they would need to do on stage.

"One-two-three-four!" Hirose Miyako, a dainty 13-year-old said from the other end of the room. "Cheer me on, please!"

Although, that didn't stop the other girls in the room who were fans of 765 Pro from saying the lines that their favorite idols would say.

The song was definitely catchy. Hana found her right hand moving along to the lyrics of the break as the singers on the track said them. Once the guitar solo started, a lot of the other girls had started getting back to their places. With this being their free time, the mood in the room was a mix of getting into the song and preparing for the break to end.

Hana was lucky enough that her position for today was right next to Umi. The end of the break wasn't anything rehearsed, but it was definitely fun to do.

"One-two-three-four! Ready, pose!"

Hana looked at her reflection as she tried to make a cute pose. A quick glance at Umi showed the girl just standing there confidently, with one hand on her hip.

"With you! Ready, pose!"

Everyone's poses changed. This part of the song had every girl do two different poses. It allowed the girls in the song to express their personalities by showing a pose only they would do.