call 02 | LD

10.22
Saturday 16th December
Outgoing
Gayane Darling

—————

Oh, it's Louisa. What do you want?

Nothing much, mother. Is this a bad time? It wasn't important.

If it wasn't important, why did you bother calling me? It wastes both of our time. I was about to sit down and go to Rosssano Ferretti's Hair Salon when you interrupted me.

I'm sorry. I just wanted to let you know that I'm about to fly abroad with some of my friends for a week holiday.

Oh. Where?

Australia.

Your father and I are working hard and you're busy strolling around and going on holidays abroad. I already told your father that the company would go into liquidation if he let you run it but he thinks far too much of his own opinion to ever listen to me.

Working hard? You just said you're going to the sa-

Excuse me?

Nothing, mother. I had told Marie to inform you but since I had a couple of minutes, I thought I'd let you know myself.

Was that all?

Yes.

You didn't need to ring me for that.

I thought I taught you better than that. Obviously not, although I suppose I should already know that considering the other vile stuff you've done before.

Please answer me when I talk to you, Louisa. I didn't pick up the phone to listen to the sound of my voice.

I don't know what you want me to say.

Here comes that bitchy teenager attitude. I don't know where you get it from. I was never like this as a child so it must have been Edward.

Anyway, is Logan coming on the trip?

Yes. Yes, he is.

And you're happy about that?

I- Of course. Why wouldn't I be?

Don't lie to me, Louisa. Your father is oblivious but I saw that face you pulled when he told you about the engagement.

I just wasn't expecting marriage so soon.

I was surprised.

I'm sure horrified would be a better choice of words. I thought you two were in a relationship.

We are.

Then what was the issue?

Louisa.

There wasn't an issue.

Let me say this now, once and for all. Your father and I are clear examples of marriage business deals that do not work out.

I am simply warning you that there is a chance your marriage will falter similarly in the future.

And what do you expect me to do, Mum? I don't understand why you're telling me this.

Nothing.

What?

There's nothing you can do since your father and the other party are set on it. I'm just talking to you from personal experience at how horrid your life will become. Trapped in a marriage you don't want.

You're just rubbing it in my face, aren't you? The inevitability of the situation.

Of course, I am. How could you think any less of me? You have wrecked our family to shreds and a lifetime of loneliness of the least you deserve.

Typical.

Please talk to your mother with some respect.

Anyway, I've got to go. We've been called to board the flight.

Don't give me those excuses. I just found out you've been paying enrolment fees to Esprits Doués Academy in Paris for the past year.

What are you playing at?

What?

H-How do you know?

The headmistress called me to see if the Darling family wanted to continue paying for Rae's tuition fees for the next term.

But the money was coming out of my account?

Louisa, you're ridiculous to think I don't have access to your bank account. But that's not the point. Why have you been paying for her tuition fees at Esprits Doués Academy for the past year when she hasn't been attending for obvious reasons?

I-

Stop stuttering. I haven't got all day. Out with it.

Mother, I've got to go.

Oh, I think I know the answer. One; to stop people wondering where Rae has gone. Two; to suppress your guilt and make everything seem normal. That's rather daft, Louisa.

Sorry, Mum. I'll talk to you later.

—————

Call ended by Louisa Darling at 10.27

Hey! I know I've gone back to a previous chapter to add this phone call in but it was really important to the story line

Hey! I know I've gone back to a previous chapter to add this phone call in but it was really important to the story line. The call was made before Louisa boarded the flight to Australia so hopefully it wasn't too confusing!

Ahh check out the photo attached to his chapter! In love with the photography (:
KiwiAndKoalas x

♥ 𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐯𝐨𝐭𝐞 𝐢𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐞𝐧𝐣𝐨𝐲𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫! ♥