41 | shatter the crown

• [ s h a t t e r   t h e   c r o w n ] •

♥ louisa ♥

"TURN IT OFF." The words sharply left my mouth as if they were bullets flying through the air at one hundred miles per hour. Ashlei fumbled with the television remote, desperately trying to find the off button and terrified at the dangerous edge to my voice.

Everybody could tell that my aura said don't mess about with me right now unless you want me to ruin your life.

They knew I was dead serious too.

"Right now, Ashlei Kovalenko," I ordered her raising my voice.

The remote slipped for her hand and fell to the floor as she jumped in surprise at my harshness. "Sorry, it slipped-"

"...New South Wales Police Force say they are investigating a serious incident that took place on the outskirts of the Sydney Opera House. One young man, whose name has not yet been disclosed, was stabbed multiple times yesterday evening and is now in critical condition. There are reports that five men were seen in the area two hours before the estimated time of the attack however the police are still urging any possible witnesses to come forward. The cause of the attack has not yet b-"

My bloodshot eyes were torn away from the male newscaster on the screen as I glared at the blonde.

"Did you not fucking hear me, Ash? I said turn the television off. I'll do it myself if you're that bloody incapable," I shouted before mumbling under my breath. "Stupid bitch."

I couldn't hear any more presenters refer to Gabriel as nothing more than a young man. Just another stabbing victim. Another faceless name.

My fake friend shivered under my angry gaze, her blue eyes filled with alarm and shock at my bluntness. Thankfully, Talisa snatched it out of her hand and switched it off before Ashlei became the victim of my wrath.

"It's off, Louisa."

I sat silently in the waiting room of the hospital that I'd been in for almost twenty-four hours. First with Prince and now for Gabriel. Although the former had been discharged and was leaning against the wall beside me, the latter seemed to have taken his place.

For the past forty minutes, I had felt Arlo's gaze on the side of my face as he probably debated whether to talk to me or leave me alone.

The only thing was that I didn't give a damn what he was thinking. I didn't give a care if they were wondering why I was so furious that Gabriel had been stabbed, I didn't give a care if they thought something might have been going on between us and I didn't give a care if they thought I had something to do with Logan's sudden return to London.

That fucking bastard.

As soon as the coward had learned just how severely injured Gabe was, he'd hopped on the first flight back to London using a weak excuse of his Aunt being ill. I was certain that that was short for 'crap, my hitmen had taken their 'job' a little too seriously'.

Hate, anger and stress had intertwined together making me nothing more than a bitter wreck that was about to explode. I was going to flip soon and tear the entire building down. It was bubbling within me.

"Are you here for Gabriel Reid?"

I'd been so deep in thought that I hadn't noticed the postgraduate nurse who had approached us. I ran a hand through my messy and knotted black hair. It couldn't have been worse than my face which had streaks of dried tears running down it and smudged lipstick but I didn't give any attention to it.