Chapter 26: JeJu Island

I woke up to see Taehyung, not in his bed. I forgot that he was missing, cause then I would have to drag his ass out of bed. We have to find him soon.

 I walk out to the giant training room and it was the first time to see everyone working there at once. The echoing of the once empty arena was now filled with grunts and yelling of the hard-working grim. We are leaving today to Jeju island and I will not waste any time goofing around to prepare myself for the worst. I began to stretch as Yoongi flew down to me.

"Getting used to it yet?"

"I don't think I ever will f/n. Was it always this crazy?" he asked

"No, it wasn't this crazy. Even though we are cursed for killing ourselves, there were many things I've enjoyed. I apologize for your arrival at such an inconvenient time."

"This is a sweet talk, but we need to leave," Namjoon instructed.

"Let's get ready" Jimin suggested as he strapped up in combat gear. He tosses vests to Yoongi and me.

"What are these?" I asked.

"I managed to get my hands on some demon proof gear, but only vests," Jungkook said.

"How on earth did you do this?" Hoseok asked.

"I have my ways." He smirked

I stole them from death's servant's demon investigators. Don't tell Joon 

Jungkook says in my head. Goddammit, Jungkook. You are all sorts of trouble, aren't you?

"What did you say to convince the investigators to give you these, they are hard to  come by," Jin asked

"It's wasn't easy, but I just hooked up with this one chick and she got me what I wanted." Jungkook laughed.

"YOU DID NOT!" I yelled

No, I didn't....are you jealous?  Jungkook was smiling.

"It doesn't matter. You'll take responsibility for it when we get back. This mission is important. Death said that there has been a lot of activity at Je Ju Island. He suggested not to use a portal there, they discovered that demons can sense portals, making it easier for them to find souls to be preyed upon." Namjoon instructed.

"These damn things are getting stronger?" Jimin asked with his hand balled up in a fist.

"We are going to get to the bottom of this and irradicate them, while we look for Taehyung," Namjoon said as he spread his wings.

"Save your half form energy, we will fly as birds," Jin suggested and we all turned to our forms. Jungkook carried Hoseok since he can't fly long distances as a rooster. We followed Namjoon's owl form and I glanced at Yoongi's crow form. "My Pheonix abilities only activate in my half form," Yoongi explained.

"That makes more sense. Once you trained up a bit more, I'm sure we can see that flaming bird of yours." Said Jimin as he flew as a black swan. We made it to the island. There were more evil energies from the south...that's where we had to go.

"There! I see some demons. Looks like a pack, but who's that in the front?"  Jin said as his white feathers blew in the wind.

"I don't know, but we have to be cautious. Let's fall back and approach on foot." Namjoon ordered and we flew out of sight. 

The island was quiet, minus the tourists, but there were no signs of demons except for at the top of the mountain. Who knew such a beautiful place can become a battlefield in an instant. I don't want to see the green beauty of the earth soiled with blood. We may not even have a choice.

We make our way up the mountain and see a dark figure in front of a hoard of demons. Some look average, other larger and more monstrous. We've encountered so may large demons, I forgot what the humanoid demons looked like. We all walked up information to the figure, who was hooded. Is this the person behind it all? 

My thoughts were interrupted as the man throws Taehyung in front of him. Taehyung grunts as his face hit the rocky ground, not knowing what was going on as he was blindfolded.

"TAEHYUNG!" I shouted wanting to run to him. Hoseok grabbed me by the wing.

"F/n Wait...I have sinister vibes from him, they are rather familiar." Hoseok said.

The man puts his foot on top of Taehyungs face as he laughs

"Looking for this?" He mocks and his hood comes down as the wind helped reveal his face. So this is what you mean by "You need to prove yourself"...this is a game? A test? It's pretty fucked up one if you ask me. 

Seeing the menacing look on Death's face makes me want to see him fade sooner.