EPILOGUE

The muscular man landed beside his son and shook his head on seeing the mountain where Apep took its last stand. Bones, dust, debris and dried blood littered the floor, and aside from the fact that at least half the mountain was gone, there was no evidence of the fight that claimed Apep's life.

No...its mortality.

"What are your orders,father?" the boy said beside him.

"Was I not clear enough?" he looked at his son. The boy looked so much like his mother, with his strawberry blond hair and brown eyes, but he had his father's mortal skin as well, not to mention the two large dragon-fly wings that stuck out of his bareback.

A fine child he was, but Khepri was sorry to have the boy as a son. For one thing, the boy had failed in his mission.

And now all the gods were free.

Khepri stepped ahead of his son and said, "A man as powerful as Jack Fate could not have decayed into the earth so quickly; it's been about two weeks since he had his final stand here," he turned back to his son and said, "Find me his skull."

The boy nodded and got to work, and Khepri strolled around leisurely, lost in thought.

Jack Fate was powerful, no god could deny that. He was a valuable asset to the team, and would be even more of an advantage now that the gods were back in full force. If this plan worked, Jack's death would mean nothing more than a mere inconvenience. 

"Father?" his son called, and Khepri came over to him. The boy held out a decaying skull, and Khepri took it. As soon as he touched it, Khepri knew that the skull belonged to Jack. It still had a faint trace of his aura around it, and only a part of it had fully decayed. 

Khepri smiled, "Jack... Dear Jack...," he turned to his son as his moth-wings flapped, lifting him off the ground, "Tell my servants the skull's been found; they can proceed the operation."

The boy nodded and turned to leave, but Khepri called him back, "And, Stanley?"

Stan turned to see his father, who looked at him with contempt, "Do not fail me this time. It is your fault all the gods of Egypt now roam free."

Stanley looked down, "Yes, father."

"If you do, "Khepri narrowed his eyes at him, "I won't be the one to punish you this time. I'll simply hand you over to Seth himself..."Khepri smiled wickedly, "And we both know you won't escape his grasp alive."

Stan shivered on hearing the name of Seth, and muttered, "Y-yes, father."

Khepri nodded and flew away at an amazing speed, and Stan walked out with grim purpose. The plan was simple enough, and he couldn't dare fail.

Everything was in place; all was set. All that was needed was blood.

The blood of Jones Fate...

-----------------------------------------------

Well, if you want to know what happened after we raised the gods, here it is...

Mac and I joined the school's football team, on instructions from Amun-Ra. "It would, ah, develop your skills," he smiled at us, "And provide you with formidable training to be able to survive any encounter."

I didn't get his point, though. For about two months, the only encounters I'd had were a bunch of smelly guys chasing after me for some oval ball.

Natalia stayed in a hotel for a few days, but then Isis made her move into Hannah's home. Her family was more than happy to help a "lost, homeless little girl," and Hannah gave Natalia private lessons every day. In a few months, they became good friends. 

Speaking of friends, Hannah and I got closer after a few weeks. We talked, hung out, and sometimes even went to the movies together (With Mac, though, which is way more annoying)

Generally, though, after we'd raised the gods, things in life were really looking up for me.

What I didn't know was that Anubis wasn't the only god who had my name on the top of his bucket list.

And, unfortunately, I found out the hard way...

----------------------------------------

THE END...

Part 2 will be out soon, so keep your eyes peeled!👀😁🤗

And one more thing...

Thanks for reading my book!😘💖🤩😍