Volume 3 Ep. 5 - WY vs FN

Amity Coliseum
Y/N

The crowd continues to cheer for both teams. It was finally time for Team RWBY's doubles match. Yang and Weiss represent Team RWBY, as Team FNKI is represented by Flynt Coal and Neon Catt.

"Hey! You Weiss Schnee, right? The heiress." Flynt gestures to Weiss. "I am." Weiss bows politely with a smile. "I take it you're pretty good with Dust, then?" Flynt assumed.

"I do my best." Weiss humbly answers. "Yeah, my dad was good too. Owned a little Dust shop of his own." Flynt comments before his smile turn into a scowl. "Till your father's company ran him out of business." Flynt continues with a hostile tone.

"Oh, I'm sorry about that." Weiss answers ashamed. "Sure you are." Flynt sarcastically answers. "Hey! Why don't you -- " "Hey! Why don't you?" Neon cuts her off in a mimicking tone. "That's what you sound like!" Neon added.

"Uh..." Yang lets out not knowing how to properly react. "Hey! Where'd you get your hair extensions?" Neon asks Yang. "This is just my normal hair." Yang lets out. "Ooh, really?" Neon asks in disbelief.  "Yeah!" Yang answers annoyed. "Is that a prob -- "

"You should try rollerblading sometime! It's super fun!" The Faunus girl cuts her off again while spinning in place. "It'd probably take you a while, though, since you're so... you know, top-heavy." Neon commented.

'Uh oh...'

"Excuse me?!" Yang shouts in anger. The field opens around the four of them, sprouting a volcanic section, a sandy desert section, steaming geysers section, and ruined buildings section. "Oh, here we go." Ruby mutters. "Three, two, one, begin!" PRofessor Port announces.

Off the start, Flynt raises his instrument and blows. You can visibly see the sound waves blow at both Yang and Weiss. Weiss uses her glyphs to anchor herself down. Neon rushed towards Yang as the blonde-haired girl was blown away.

Flynt blew on his instrument again as Weiss uses her glyph to get to him. Suddenly, Flynt stops blowing on his instrument and Weiss stumbles forward. "Waoh!" She lets out as she loses her balance.

Flynt chuckles to himself as he back kicks Weiss into the volcanic section. On the other side, Neon speeds away on her rollerblades as Yang chases after her and shooting her.

Neon turns to Yang and blows a raspberry. Yang growls and continues to chase after the Faunus. "Never miss a beat, never miss a beat..." Neon repeated out loud as she rolls towards Yang delivering her with her weapon.

Neon rolls back and continues to hit at Yang continuously. Neon rolls back as Yang reload her gauntlet. Neon cracks her glowsticks, turning into the color blue. With a smirk, she speeds towards Yang again.

Yang throws a punch as Neon encases Yang's right leg in ice. "Look! Now you're bottom-heavy, too!" Neon giggles. Yang angrily stomps her right leg freeing her leg from the ice. Not catching Neon's sudden surprise, Yang's right arm was encased in ice too.

Neon rollerblades on rails and through archways, gaining distance until she speeds forth and kicks Yang back into a wall. The wall cracks at the impact. "You should cool off! Get it? Because you're angry." Neon jokes.

Yang smashes her arm against the wall, shattering the ice and the structure itself. 'Guess she didn't like the pun...' I inwardly noticed. I looked back over at Weiss and Flynt.

Weiss uses her glyphs and shoots crystallized ice towards Flynt. The musician noticed that one of the holes was about to erupt. Flynt smirks and leaps forward on his knees. He blew his trumpet as the fire erupted from the hole, melting the ice crystals.