Chapter Six

"What in God's name is going on here?"

Y/N was awakened by a gruff voice at her doorway, and when she groggily opened her eyes to look around, she was met with the sight of Aizawa standing at her door. He muttered something about breakfast and then left, talking to himself about the weird people who appeared randomly and slept in a pile together.

Y/N stretched, shaking out the morning stiffness in her muscles. When she felt them release, she sighed and put her arms down. She glanced around at the others, all still sleeping, and she felt bad for having to wake them up, despite knowing that they wouldn't want to miss breakfast.

She tapped on each person to wake them up, each of them giving their own protests about being woken up so early while they had gone to bed so late the previous night. However, at the mention of food almost all of them were up and ready to head down.

After explaining to Lunch Rush- who was the chef at the cafeteria- how much food they needed, for what reasons, and why they would have to eat outside, they left, calling out all of their Pokemon so that they could eat, too. It was within fifteen minutes that their food had been brought out to them.

"Alright everyone," Y/N said as she sat down in the grass, a tray of food on the ground in front of her. "Eat up."

All the Pokemon seemed happy at the food they were given, and Y/N watched all of them as they ate up their food, a couple of them almost choking. She could see why, too. Lunch Rush had proven himself to be a good cook, definitely living up to all the praise the students had given him.

Amzi was happily eating his rice and eggs, with Asta and Azaiah, the two adopted Dreepy he launched out of his horns, floating around him while they ate from his bowl. The Dragapult only looked up when someone was heard coming near, and Y/N glanced over, seeing a messy mop of purple hair heading her way.

She vaguely remembered Shinso from their introduction the day before. He had been one of the ones who stayed back instead of questioning her and her friends, and she only knew him because Aizawa had introduced the whole of class 2.A. at the training field.

Shinso walked up to Jesse, who was closest, and let him sniff his hand. After the Boltund left a sloppy, staticky kiss on his hand, he sighed and went over to Y/N. He sat down after she had reassured him that he was fine to join her.

"Where are the others?" he asked.

"Doing their own stuff," she replied, shrugging. When he looked confused, she continued. "We're family to each other, yes, but we'd go crazy if we spent every waking minute together. Besides, we all need some space to sort of... figure things out. We all cope with stuff like this differently."

"What do you mean by stuff like this? Have you been transported into another dimension before?" he asked skeptically.

Y/N chuckled. "No, but we have each been kicked out of our homes at a moments notice before. Galar was my home, and being transported here seems almost the same as being kicked out of my house when I was about nine or ten. I won't go into details right now, because I don't remember much of it, and I won't be going into what the others experienced because it's not my place to say, but we all just need some space from each other to really let things sink in."

Shinso was quiet for a moment. "I would have wanted to stay by the people I trust," he told her. "I would have wanted to stick around my family."

"Well, it's hard for us to trust our family, no matter how close we are. At least for me it is. I've gotten used to them, and I know that they wouldn't kick me out, but there's still that miniscule doubt that keeps nagging at me. We're very close, of course, but then again I was very close to my family before I got kicked out," she explained. She placed her empty bowl down on the grass beside her, and welcomed Jesse into her arms when he pranced over to get attention.

Shinso looked over at the other Pokemon around them. Jemima began making her way over to him, also expecting affection, but he was hesitant to give it to her. Eventually, he laid his hand on her neck and scratched, and Jemima groaned in delight.

"So you're seventeen?" he finally asked. Y/N nodded. "I know that Felice said it was due to trauma, but is that truly why you act so mature?"

Y/N sighed. "Partially. That, and I had to grow up a lot quicker than most. Becoming Champion at only fourteen sort of forces you to be more mature. You have to be able to keep up appearances, host events, battle trainers, and go to interviews. Most of the time you have to do all of it at the same time. It's a lot more than a child should have to do."

"What do you mean by Champion?"

"It's just a fancy title to most people. It basically means you're the strongest trainer in your region, but in Galar it basically means you're the region's sweetheart. Like the biggest celebrity," she said, chuckling.

"Strongest person, huh?" he asked, leaning back a bit as Asta and Azaiah both decided that he was worth investigating. They flew up to him real close, curiously staring into his eyes with their lovable crackhead expressions. Y/N chuckled at how put off he was by them, and she reached out, pushing them back with the palm of her hand pressed against their noses. They saw the food that Amzi was waving around, and immediately went over to wrestle over it.

"Sorry about them. They're just babies, so they're curious about everything still," she told him, sighing.

"What do they do? I've noticed their... father...? I've noticed him putting them in his horns, but I don't actually know if there's a purpose for it other than it being like a pouch for a kangaroo."

"Kangaroo...?"

"You know... A big, bipedal animal? Keeps its young in a pouch on its stomach?" he said.

"We don't have the same animals, in case you haven't noticed," Y/N chuckled, motioning to all of her companions. Shinso rolled his eyes and got his phone out of his pocket, looking something up and then showing it to her. "Oh! Like a Kangaskhan!"

Shinso blinked. "Sure. Like a Kangaskhan."

"Well, it's not exactly like that," Y/N told him. "They do tend to stay in a Dragapult's horns while they're young, but they're used as ammo."

The boy beside her paled. "They're used as what?"

"You know, like... They get shot from a Dragapult's horns as an attack." After deciding that explaining it would be too much of a pain, she sighed and snapped her finger at Amzi before pointing to a nearby tree. All three got the message, and the two Dreepy excitedly squealed as they climbed into their adoptive father's horns.

"Wai-"

It was too late. Amzi had launched them, and they were flying full speed at the tree. They hit one after the other, leaving a very large chunk of wood to fall from the tree, and what looked almost like a dent or a crater behind. They squealed again at the rush after shaking themselves a bit, and flew back over to Amzi, who was perfectly happy to launch them again.

Y/N cackled at Shinso's face. He looked as if he had seen a ghost. "Don't worry, the Dreepy like it," she reassured him. "They take no damage to their heads, either. I guess it's just the way they adapted to being shot from the horns of their parents."

Shinso was still pale, but he muttered a quick 'point taken' and they got back to talking to each other.

This was last edited in June so I've just sorta had this chapter stored away I'm so sorry for not updating--