Chapter 14

𝙔𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙋𝙊𝙑
While cleaning my sword Yeowool show up in my room. We bowed to each other, "His Highness wants to see you." he stated. I nodded and brought my sword with me. I followed them to the Palace and we arrived.

I bowed in front of Jinheung, "Yen greets you, Your Highness."

"I called you Yen to ask you a favor." he stated. "What is it Pe Ha?"

"Can you be the replacement of Banryu while he's gone?"

"Sure Pe Ha." i bowed. "Wah! We can see Yen everyday!" Sooho exclaimed. I chukle as he mess up my hair. "Are the Hwarangs practicing?" Jinheung asked. "Yes, they have been practicing harder because the Festival is approaching tomorrow." I smiled.

"We got a work to do Yen. See you later?" Yeowool said. I said goodbye to them and left me with Jinheung.

I felt his arms around my waist. I gasp a little when he rest his head on my shoulder. I look around, "Jinheung, what are you doing?" i whispered. "Let me rest. I haven't slept." I frown my eyebrows and remove his arms on my waist. He sigh, "What?" I asked. I grab his wrist and go straight to his room.

"You should sleep. You've been working all day and the Moon Festival is tomorrow. Sure we'll be busy for tomorrow." I said to him. He sat on his bed and rest his back against the wall. "Don't scold me. I'm not very well now." I rest my back near the window. "You're so stubborn."

"Like you". I shook my head. "Did you eat already?" i asked and he shook his head. I asked the servants to make some food for the King. "Why do you care?" I turn to him, "Because you're my friend." I sat on the table near his bed. "Take care of yourself Jinheung. What if I am not here already?" I scolded.

"Why? You will leave me?"

That question caught me. He stared at me waiting for an answer. "Not now but soon." I answered. "Do you really have to leave.. soon?" he asked while looking down. I sat on the edge of the bed, "Hey," I put my hands on his shoulders, "Soon is really long. We can still play and fight." He raise his head look me in the eyes. "But that soon will come no matter what." he said in teary eyes.

I look away and he cup my face, "Yen, I lo--"

The doors opened revealing Sunwoo, "Your Highness, Princess Chaewon has arrived." I stood up and we widen our eyes.

I followed Jinheung and Sunwoo to the throne room. As Jinheung sat on his throne, Princess Chaewon and her servant entered. "Princess Chaewon greets you, Your Highness.". Jinheung smiled, "It's been a long time, Chaewon." The Princess smiled, "Yes it is, Your Highness."

"Stop calling me that. Call me Jinheung."

As they are talking, Yeowool tap on my shoulder, "No need to be jealous. It's one sided love." I frown my eyebrows, "First of all, I'm not jealous. Second, what do you mean by one sided love?" i asked. He smirk and stared at the Princess, "I can see love in her eyes. He loves the King."

I turn my eyes on the Princess. 'It's been a long time too, Chaewon.' I thought to myself. "Jealousy level one thousand?"I punch his arm hard. I widen my eyes. "That.. hurts" he said enduring the pain. "Omo! I didn't mean it." I said as I blow on his arm.

The King and Princess turn to us. We bowed. "Oh, who are they?" she asked as she lock her arm on his. I don't know what is this but something is boiling inside me. "They are my Hwarang," he turn to me, "except for her." he stare at me. "She's my.. personal servant." he smiled. I raise my eyebrows, "His Highness was just joking, Your Majesty. I am a teacher inside Hwarang House."

"May I know your name?" she asked. "Yen, Your Majesty."

"Oh, I thought you're someone I know." I widen my eyes, 'She still remembers me'. "May I know who, Your Majesty?" I asked. "Princess Seoi of Goguryeo." "You know her?" Jinheung asked her, "She was my friend when she stayed in the West for 1 day after you left. I completely forgot her face." she taps Jinheung's arm, "Can I go inside Hwarang House?" Jinheung nodded. "Yen, can you go with her?" Jinheung asked me. "No problem, Your Highness."