Chapter 16

𝙔𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙋𝙊𝙑
It's already night and I'm here inside the tent of the Hwarang. They were getting ready for their performance. Hwaso came in and ask me to go out for awhile.

"The other Kingdoms are already here. The Queen ask for your presence." I nodded and got in to my room. I dress myself and Hwaso did my hair. "You seem not in the mood, Princess." she said as she hand me the hood. "Let's not talk about it and let's go to my mother." she nodded and I put on my hood.

We got into my mother's tent. She was sitting and smiled. "Princess Seoi greets you, Your Higness." i bowed.

"It's been a long time since I heard your voice." she commented. "I am not here to waste any time. Why do you want to see me?" i asked her. "I am here to get you after this festival." she said. I widen my eyes and look at her, "Why?" i asked. "I am planning you to marry the Crown Prince of Baekje."

"Eommoni, how can you do this to me?" I squint my eyes. "What? Are you going to reject my offer?" she asked and stood up. "I am." "What's wrong with you? After father died you act differently!" I shouted. "How dare you reject the Queen's offer!" she slapped me.

I widen my eyes and touch my cheek, "You just slapped.. your heir."

She look at me confused, "I will stay here in Silla and I will sit on that throne that is supposed to be mine." I glared at her. "You're not my mother that I used to know." Tears was rolling down on my cheeks. "I asked about you on the King. The King answered me that the Princess will be coming here in Silla next month. What a joke Seoi." she smirk.

"Yes, I lied."

"Pay the price. Come with me or I will do something worst." she gritted her teeth. "Why do you want me to marry the Crown Prince of Baekje? Do you have any connection with them?" I asked her. "The festival is starting soon." she avoided my question makes me wonder. "Choose now, Princess."

"I don't have any debt from anyone. I will stay here no matter what."

She smirk, "Okay, if that's what you want." she pass and stopped beside me. "Prepare yourself." she continue to walk and got out in the tent. I sigh as Hwaso comes to me. "Are you okay, Your Majesty?" I nodded, "Let's get out."

𝙎𝙤𝙤𝙝𝙤 𝙋𝙊𝙑
I was looking for Yen because Jinheung was asking for her. "Aish where this girl could be.." I cursed on my breath. As I am walking I pass through the tent of the Kingdom of Goguryeo. Well I thought Yen would be here cause she's from Goguryeo. I sneak and I heard some slapping noice. "Wait, isn't that.. the Princess?" I muttered. I accidentally eavesdrop about their conversation.

I widen my eyes as I saw Hwaso talking to the Princess. I followed her and the Princess and they got in to Yen's room. "That's Yen's room.." I widen my eyes. "Could it be.."

𝙔𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙋𝙊𝙑
As I got into my room, I remove my hood. Hwaso hugged me, "I heard everything." I cried and hugged her back. Sooho open up the door and we widen our eyes. I haven't change my royal hanbok and Sooho looking at me up and down. He bowed, "Your Majesty." I walk to him and close the door. "Why did you lie?" he asked me. "Sooho you don't understand but how.."

"I'm sorry for eavesdropping Your Majesty." he bowed once again. "Sooho, don't tell anyone about this." I whispered. "Why? I should tell Jinheung--"

"Not even Jinheung." I look at him in the eyes. "I.. I don't understand." he got up. "If he founds out about who i am. He will hate me." I said to him. "Sooho, I trust you." Sooho nodded slowly. "The Festival is starting soon and Jinheung wants to see you." he said. "Call me Yen, stop the formalities. Tell Jinheung I'm not be able to meet him." I said to him, he nodded and left.

I sat on the chair sigh, "This is getting out of hand." I said as I am holding my chest. "Calm down, calm down." I muttered to myself. "You can trust him, Princess." Hwaso caressing my shoulders. "I should change now and bring this home." she nodded.

I stand beside Master Wihwa, "Am I late?" i asked. He startled a little and chuckled, "You're right in time, Miss Yen." "I saw your Queen or your mother." I smirk, "Correction, she's my Queen only." Master Wihwa looks at me, "Something bad happened while talking?" he asked and watch the Hwarang perform. "I don't want to be in detail." I answered. He nodded.

We clapped our hands as the Hwarangs finish performing. I came closer to the Hwarangs and we formed a group hug. "You guys did great. I'm emotional." I act crying. They all laugh. As I was laughing at them, I saw Jinheung staring at me. I look away and smile again with the Hwarangs.

"Go home, you deserve it." Master Wihwa said to them as they cheer. Junhi walks closer to me, "How was I Miss Yen?" he asked, "You are very talented." I complimented. "Um Miss Yen. I wanted to give you this." he handed me a towel was form into a bird. "Wow, I've never seen this precious." i accept the gift and looks at him, "Thank you for your wonderful present Jihun Rang."

"Excuse me, Hwarang."

We turn around and saw Princess Chaewon. We bowed, "If you'll excuse us, Hwarang." "No problem, Your Majesty." Jihun bowed once again and left. "Yen, can I talk to you?"

"For what?"

"Something."

"I don't want to waste my time." i walk out.

"Seoi."

I stopped and widen my eyes. "I know it's you." I shook my head and continue walking until she hold my wrist. "Seoi, listen to me." I turn to her, "Let's talk somewhere." We walk and arrived in the river.

"Seoi, Jinheung likes you." she started the conversation. "Let's not talk about that, how did you know?" I said staring at the river. "Since day 1, i know it's you. I just didn't react because I know you have a reason. I saw the Queen and you entering the same tent. You can trust me, Seoi."

I sigh and she hugged me, "I'm sorry if I hurted your feelings. I am the one who kissed him. He doesn't want it. He also said to me that he.. he likes you." I look back at her and wiping her tears. "I'm sorry." the only thing I said. "You don't have to. I really understand. I can't force someone to like me back, you know. Jinheung is my friend, I don't want him to feel awkward to me. That's why we are talking casually after I confessed."

I lightly smiled at her and she cupped my face, "You should talk to him."

"I will. Thank you." i hugged her and she hugged me back. "Don't worry, I won't tell a thing." she giggled and we went back to our rooms.

I couldn't sleep so i decided to walk near the river. As I arrived in the river I saw Jinheung sitting on a rock while watching the river flows.

"I thought I'm just the only one who can't sleep."

He turn to me and stands up. "Yen.." I walk towards him and pushed him down to sit down. "I'm sorry. For acting that way. I was--"

"I know you're hurt."

"Still I should've heard your explanation." i said as I stood in front of him staring at the river.

His arms snake around my waist as he rested his head on my back. I caressed his arms. "I'm sorry." he said and i felt my clothes drench. I turn to him and raise his chin. "Hey, you don't have to be sorry." I wiped his tears and he pulled me. He stands up and and caressing my cheek with his right hand leaving his left hand on my waist.

"I love you." I smiled and he moved his head closer to mine. I felt his warm lips on mine. He kissed me passionately and I kissed him back. I wrap my arms around his neck and deepen the kiss. We both stopped the kiss as we are catching our breaths.

"I love you too."

-----------------------------------------------
A/N: chapter 16 is out! i hope you enjoyed reading. vote and comment! thank you for reading ❤️