chapter 6.

2032

"I honestly don't think it's a good idea to tell you what I saw there. You two are too young for that."

With that said, Niall prepares to stand up from the chair he had pulled for himself, but both Chloe and Taylor run to the bedroom door at the same time, stopping their father from leaving.

"Dad!" The kids scream, again, at the same time.

"What's going on?"

"We want to know the rest of the story!" Chloe is the first one to admit. "I'm interested!"

"Oh, now you are?" The older Horan asks, crossing his arms at chest level and using an investigative look on his daughter. "I thought it was a punishment for you, Chloe."

"It still is. You're confusing me." She rolls her eyes, going back to her bed right after that. "I would love this to be over, but you can't just stop at such a dramatic part of the story!"

"I hate to say this, but... Chloe is right." Taylor completes her argument.

"It was a dirty scene." Niall tries to justify himself. "You're still under 18."

"Oh, stop that, we already heard you having sex in your bedroom before", Niall's son says, making his father blush.

"How do you know that?"

"Sibilings' secrets." Chloe answers her dad's question.

"Fine. Sit back in your beds, I'll finish that."

2015

"The hell is going on here?" Niall blurts out, once he realizes what he's watching in his bedroom.

He knows it's actually their bedroom. He doesn't care about it now. Not when there's a barely naked Harry fucking Styles fucking someone in the upper bunk bed. 

"You said you didn't have a roommate for now!" The girl under Harry's body screams, pushing him aside, so she can get off the bunk and put her clothes back on.

"Oh, he said that?" The blond student ends up laughing about the situation. "I think it shows how much he hates me."

"I'm so sorry, I would never have come here if I had known this before", she tries to apologize to Niall, and he just shrugs before giving her space to leave the room.

Once the door is closed, Harry stands up from his bed, putting his trousers back on his legs. The British man is really, really tempted to punch Niall's face now. 

"You ruined my night."

"And you wanna ruin my life, Styles. How about that?"

"I don't give a single fuck about your life, Horan. Just get out of my way and we can live in peace."

"We can never live in peace if you keep bringing people around this room to fuck them without warning me before! Imagine what would happen if I had taken five more minutes to come around. I would ruin not just your cum, but also my clean thoughts about this bed."

"That's enough", Harry concludes, before throwing his fist in the air in hopes of destroying his roommate's nose.

Niall, however, stops his hand before the act is done, and with the strength of his right arm, he stops Harold from doing what he's planning to do.

"You're not gonna punch me, Styles."

"You wish that."

"If you do that, I'll make sure you'll never leave the fucking hospital... at least, not alive."

Niall's threat actually makes Harry want to laugh. Loud. However, once Niall's hand loses its grip on Harry's fist, the other hand of the blond guy slaps Harry's face.

"Did you hear what I said, Harry? I don't want to make things between us work out in the violent way. I hate violence. But it seems like you're asking for it."

"Why did you do that?"

"Self-defense."

Niall barely notices the wide range of tattoos on Harry's bare chest, and he only does that because he's trying to look at something else that does not involve his roommate's haunting eyes. For an entire minute, the two of them stay like that: in front of each other, waiting for one of them to do something and stop that cold war between their eyes.

"We need rules." The Irish lad breaks the silence.

"You must be kidding with me, right?" Harry blurts out a laugh, the one he's been holding ever since Niall entered the room. "Rules? What are we, two fucking 12-year-old kids?"

"No. You're the 12-year-old kid in here, but of course, you refuse to let it sink in your head."

"I don't need rules, Horan."

"You wanna be a homeless freshman? Good luck on that." Niall finally takes one step further from Harold. "This is not a fully free place, Harry. You can't just live here expecting to do whatever you can. Wanting it or not, you have to deal with the implicit rules of convenience that keeps the society moving on all the time. It's pretty clear for me that we'll never be friends, and I don't want it either. So, yeah. Rules."

"Alright, I'll do everything to keep you away from me." Harry seems to surrender. "But I'll come up with the first rule."

"What's your proposal?"

"You better not slap me again."