chapter 20.

2015

"Niall! Niall!" Perrie Edwards basically yells at Niall's bedroom door, banging her fists against it while waiting for an answer. "You have to open this shit!"

"Oh, hi, girl-who-hooked-up-with-Harold-and-now-wants-desperately-to-be-my-friend", the young Horan screams back at her, as soon as he open the doorknob. "What's going on?"

"You won't believe this." She smiles at him, as if he had to get what she wanted to say just by her deep stare at his own eyes.

"I don't have a crystal ball here, girl. You have to be more specific if you wanna tell me something I don't know."

"Is Harry there?"

"No."

"Can I come in?"

"Sure." Niall agrees, giving Perrie space to enter the room. "So... what happened?"

"Your roommate came to me."

"In a sexual way?"

"No, for fuck's sake!" She screams again, this time, in shock. "He came to me in the hallway and asked for an advice."

"And what do I have to do with that, Edwards?" He asks, without even thinking about the topic his newfound friend wants to talk about. "Harry's life is none of my concern."

"Unless his problem is you."

Niall suddenly frowns and tilts his head to the right, completely confused by what he just heard.

"Don't play games with me, Perrie, I hate this", the Irish lad says. "Just spill it out."

"Harry thinks he's into you."

"He's what?"

"Exactly what you just heard from me, and thank God he reached out to me for that, because if it was anybody else in my place, this story would be in the mouth of every single student in this fucking university, Niall."

"But... wait. Didn't he tell you not to tell anyone about this or something?"

"What are you trying to do? Blame me for telling you something that actually should be of your concerns?"

"I just don't think he would like me to know that..."

"It doesn't matter anymore. I had to tell you because Harry would never do it by himself."

"Do you really think he is... into me?" Niall is visibly in doubt of the words he just heard from Perrie. His eyes are focused on her, but his mind is far away from the bedroom, probably wondering about all the possible reasons for Harold Styles to actually... have feelings for him, Niall, himself. "Never mind. Perrie, you shouldn't have told me that. If I do any shit about it, he will notice that I know before he's able to say a word. That's a disaster."

"So you're planning to do nothing?"

"I don't know what to do!" The blond guy finally screams. "You're confusing me now. Don't tell me anything else that Harold told you, okay? I don't wanna know."

"Because it's not legally correct?"

"Exactly! This was supposed to be about him and you just made it all about me."

"Oh."

"Oh, what?"

"I think I'm realizing it now, Niall. Oh, God, I'm so sorry..."

"It's okay. You were just... too excited to tell someone about it."

"And I talked about it with the only person who shouldn't hear it from anybody else but him."

"Yeah."

"Shit." Perrie starts complaining with herself, marching to the bathroom so she can stare at ther own face in the mirror. "Shit!"

"Perrie."

"I'm sorry, Niall", she screams from the bathroom, while he waits for her to come back to the main door. "Please, don't tell him it was me."

"I would never do that", Niall walks slowly to where she's standing, opening a fond smile in his lips. "It's okay now. I just... I guess I have to think about it. I mean, Harold and I... we just finished our first homework together and he didn't kill me. I thought we were just bonding, but I guess it was more than that."

"Do you have feelings for him?"

"I don't know what I feel for him, Perrie", he answers, while his thoughts are still focused on how he's going to treat Harry Styles from now on. "He makes me feel confused about a lot of things. But I need more time with this."

"Please, don't tell him it was me."

"I said I would never do it and I won't."

After Perrie leaves the room Niall shares with Harry, he calls Louis, asking him to come over so they can discuss the topic that the young Horan knows will probably haunt him for the rest of the week, the month... the year.

Fuck. It's only his first year in college and he's already in a love drama like this.