Lie to me / Ashton

Tonight my band had won an award so we decided to go down to the pub to celebrate.
I hadn't expected you to be there , I didn't even know you where in the country. I looked over a couple times just to make sure it was really you.We made eye contact but i could tell that you instantly regretted it because you didn't look over in my direction again.

A few beers later and i had mustered up the courage to go talk to you.
"Heyyy there old pal" i say in a merry tone that disguises my anxiety.
"Hey Ash long time no see, are you perhaps a bit drunk." you replied.
"Nooo why would you think that." I say.
You take me by the arm and take me outside.

"This isn't the best night for you to just show up Ashton." You say.
"It never is the best night/day for me to show up."  I respond.
"No I mean after we broke for good I started my own business and im trying to close a deal." you answer.
"Well i only wanted you to tell me you still loved me." I blurted out.
"You know i dont Ash." You say just loud enough for me to hear.
"Well lie to me if you have too." I say.

You kiss me on the cheek.
"I can't lie to you Ash I've gotta go, I've got a deal to close." you say walking back in the pub.
I text the guys telling them that i'm heading home.