Better man/Micheal

I had told you to meet me at quarter to three in the place we always meet. You never showed, I didn't think anything of it I lit a cigarette and walked around the corner to watch the illegal races that took place  just before the sun came up.

The drivers  where on their last lap,when sirens  wailed blue and red lights flooded the scene.
people scatter.Not wanting to  have a battle with the cops I run towards my home.
I stop in my tracks,the most beautiful girl I had ever seen was sat on the pavement.Her golden brown hair flowed to her down to her elbows.She looks up at me, her eyes are hazel,they look sad,worried , scared even.

I walk  over to her.As I get close  She jumps up as quick as a flash and bolts down the street.
I naturally go after this beauty of a girl.
"Wait , I'm not trying to hurt you, I  want to help you." I shout hoping she could hear me.
My breath quickened. I ran and ran through streets and alleys.
Finally she gave up the chase.I doubled over breathing hard.
"You ok." She asked sweetly.
"Yeah, I'm more concerned about you." I reply at last looking up at her.
"I'm well." She answers.I could tell by the look in her eyes that she wasn't telling the truth.

I cup my hand over her cheek,I feel her shiver under my touch.
"Now thats not true is it." I say trying to pry the truth out of her.
One single tear falls onto her pale cheek followed by a flood of them.
She leans into me.
"My ,my husband-" she broke off as another wave of tears came upon her.
'husband.' I thought to myself she looked quite young to be married just yet.She looked about 19,20.
"We had a massive argument,it got violent , and so i- i ran away,b- but he is powerful and he says he has his men looking for me." She says stumbling over her words.
I wrap my arms around her to try and make her feel safe.
"I won't let any harm come to you." I say truthfully.

"Why would you do that you dont even know my name." She says.
"What's your name?"I ask.
"Eve." she answers.
"Ok Eve, let's get you to safety." I Say taking her hand.
"Wait I dont know your name." she says.
"Michael Clifford." I reply.
Eve fumbled in her bag.She pulled out her phone and frantically typed.
She let out a sigh of relief.
Eve willingly followed me to my apartment.

I sit on the couch Eve looks around.
I take out my phone to text you.
M: Hey Y/N, you didn't meet me tonight , thats not the first time but thats beyond the point. We've drifted and our love has run its course so this is me letting go.

"How do you like the place."I ask Eve.
"Simple but cute." She answers.
She sits next to me on the couch.
"Who were you texting?" She asks curiously.
"My girlfriend,well ex girlfriend now actually." I Explain.
"Oh i'm sorry." She says.
"Don't be nature ran its course." I Say."why where you frantically tapping at your phone ,after I had told you my name." I add trying to change the subject.
"I was just checking to see if you where one of my husbands minions." She confesses.

././././././/././././././././././///////////////////////.............................////////////////////////////////////........

Ever since I had met Eve, I was a changed man. No more staying out till 3 am , I didn't miss the night life one bit ,I preferred being chained up in this love. Wrapped in her arms makes me feel safer than I haven't  felt since  I was a child.