The Robbery

"You never really miss someone or something until it's gone! Therefore appreciate whoever or whatever you have before you no longer have it anymore!"

Aaliyah's POV
"Well I have the report's finished and they're ready to be sent out!" I smiled proudly while handing Kevin my reports I had been working hard to finish all day long.

"Wow, you finished those quick again today! You must want a reward or something!" He took a sip of his coffee then put it back down on his desk.

"No sir I just was proving a point to myself that I could be an overachiever because usually, I'm not like that all the time sadly!"

"You finish all your reports quickly and early all week put you in second place for the month so far. Therefore keep up the good work and you'll have employee of the month and a raise again in no time!"

I walked out of his office and into mine to sit down and relax. I pulled out a magazine to stall time.

"Shouldn't you be working? I'm sure you have plenty of work to complete because we had tons of work at the beginning of this week." Chase said while staring at me confusedly.

"No, actually I've finished all of my work for the rest of the week. You know that is what happens when you work hard!" I smirked while peeking up at him from behind my magazine.

"You know that is what happens when you—." He said, mocking me.

"I'm sure you have some work to get back to!" I interrupted him while rolling my eyes.

"I need help carrying the new files from the customers downstairs and putting them into the computer. If you don't mind helping me?" He smiled brightly waiting for me to respond.

"Fine, I guess I don't mind since I'm busy right now." I walked out the door and made my way downstairs to the main entrance of the bank.

"Hey, Chelsea I need to borrow your computer to put in some files quick," Chase said while beginning to type on her computer.

"Oh okay, no problem I'm going to head out for lunch in a minute then! Alexis and I have some lunch plans anyways!" She grabbed her things and started making her way over to Alexis.

"She can't go to lunch unless she's finished everything correctly! And I mean all correct because I don't have time to be going back over everything you do and fixing it." I shouted towards them from across the room before rolling my eyes.

"Okay, mom!" Alexis said sarcastically while rolling her eyes as well.

"So what do you think of this?" Chase called out as he turned the screen in my direction as I began to sit beside him. He was looking up the analysis of the bank.

"Wow, those are really big Decreases in numbers! What do you think caused such a decrease?" I look at him nervously while waiting for his next response.

"I have no idea but I'm going to find out." Somehow we're missing money so I have to figure out what's going on before my dad does." He hurried to click off the screen once he had realized his father had been making his way over towards us.

"Hey son, are you ready to go on your lunch as well? I just sent Alexis a few minutes ago. She should be making her way down the stairs any minute." William said while sipping from his coffee cup.

"Yeah, dad that's fine me and Aaliyah will take it here in a minute! We are in the middle of currently discussing some new ideas for the bank that I'm sure you would love to hear!"

"You are correct, but I should get to heading out. I have some business I have to take care of. I have a big shipment I will be dealing with soon so I will be taking care of that. Take care!" Just like that, he walked out the front door.