Family Affairs

"Beware of not only who you love, but also what you love!"

It was October 30 and I was in Alexis's hospital room putting up decorations for Halloween tomorrow. She was still in a coma after three months and hasn't made any progress to get better since she had first come. Many of the doctors and nurses began to give up hope on her, but I didn't.

" I see hmm! Wow, that looks nice Aaliyah! I think Alexis will love it when she wakes up tomorrow." Chase walked into the room smiling with two cups of coffee in his hand.

"Thanks, I think so too! Also yes I picked "It" to put as her decorations because she loved that movie of course!" I walked towards him and took one of the coffee cups out of his hand and drank out of it. "I'm sure one of these was for me!"

"No, actually there for my new friend that replaced you!" He smirked then took a sip of his coffee.

"Yeah whatever I'm the greatest friend you've ever encountered in your life and I've only known you for less than a year." I flipped my hair in a sassy manner.

"You better be lucky, my friend. But also I have something serious I need to tell you about Tylen. I think that He—."

"Look I'm so sick of both of you over and forth telling me stuff to drop talking to the other. I'm literally over it and I can't take it anymore. I have Alexis to worry about not playing and choosing the side with both of you. Therefore just leave!"

"But Aaliyah—." Chase reaches to touch my arm.

"I said just leave I just want to be alone until you two can stop with that nonsense." I sat down in the chair beside Alexis's bed then pulled out my phone.

"You know what Aaliyah? I never told you anything about Tylen that wasn't right or I didn't feel was right therefore when you see that I was right the whole time don't come back to me crying." He rushed out of the room shaking his head.

I put my phone down then walked and stood up beside her bed. Next, I kissed her forehead and held her hand.

"Alexis you have to get better for me, please. I need you so bad because with you my life gives me something to live for. Growing up you were my first and will forever be my last true best friend. From the beginning, I've helped raise you from being a baby until you now. I can't wait until school starts back so I can watch you participate in your first football game. I can't wait to see your smile when they're lifting you in the air and catching you. Also, I can't wait to hear you complain about your boyfriend and school problems to me again. You are honestly the most important person in my life and I love you so much. Alexis, please don't let me lose you. I need you here with me! Just please wake up for me! Please!" I put my head down on her bed and cried for a while just talking to her.

"Wow, that was so sweet! I'm so sorry I didn't mean to listen In on your conversation but it was honestly amazing! Oh—Um—Yeah! My name is Nicole and I'm one of her new nurses." She stood in the doorway then slowly started to make her way into the room.

"My name is Aaliyah, I'm her sister! Nice to meet you! Can you tell me how she's doing?"

"You know I'm just going, to be honest with you I think she's going to be just fine! Everyone else may have slowly given up on her, but as long as I'm taking care of her I won't!" He smiled then went back to writing on the board.

"Well thank you I appreciate it!" I turned on the tv and got in the bed beside her and watched my favorite show "Cable Girls" until I fell asleep.

Tylen's Pov
I was in my room sleeping until I heard someone banging on the front door. I tried to ignore it but I couldn't because whoever was there got louder and louder.