Secerts

Chapter 3

"In our life, things happen to us to make us into someone we thought we would never be. Making us not only lie to others but ourselves by not accepting what's happening and changing it."

Aaliyah's POV

I woke up to check the time only to see that it was 10 a.m. I sat up then realized I wasn't in my room. It was a room with blue walls and NBA players all over them.

"Where the hell am I?"

While scratching my head I reached to peek under the blanket and saw that my clothes were still on. I went to check my phone and saw I had a text from Jasmine at 4:30 this morning.

"Sorry girl, I was dealing with something last night after I and Jamon began arguing. I went to look for you but I couldn't find you. I'm safe tho! Love, u text me when you wake up! Xoxo"

"I see that you're awake now, would you like anything to eat?" Tylen said while smacking on some French toast while standing in the doorway.

"No thanks, I'm fine." I was still in the middle of thinking about what I should assert to Jasmine because I was still sort of bothered about her just taking off without telling me.

"Are you okay, you appear a slight tense."

"Yeah, it's just that it was  weird that Jasmine just left last night. Jasmine never leaves anywhere without letting me know where she's going or who she's going with."

"Yeah I tried calling her last night for you so I could take you to her, but she wasn't answering and nowhere to be found." He sat down on the bed and looked down at his phone Checking Snapchat.

"Question, why did you help me if we don't even like each other?"

"I never said I didn't like you. Umm, it's just that I have—had a girlfriend. We broke up last night. I caught her cheating on me with someone at the party last night."

"I'm so sorry, I hate that she did that, I remember when—."

"Look, that's nice and all but I don't want to hear your sob stories, neither do I need your sympathy."

He grabbed his keys quickly and put his phone in his pocket while standing up. He was taking another bite of his food while walking over to the doorway.

"I'll be waiting in the car so I can take you home so please get ready and don't take all day." He flew out the door and began talking on the phone.

"Wow, what's his problem?"

I hurried to put my shoes on and so I could make the bed up. I trotted down the stairs and just as I was about to go out the door I saw a door with a lot of locks on it from the top to the bottom. It had the words Lens production at the top of it.

"What is in that room for it to have that many locks on it? I guess it's just his dumb camera stuff."

Eventually, I continued out the front door and made my way to the car. Tylen appeared as if he was still annoyed. I nodded my head while stepping to the passenger side of his vehicle.

"Oh boy this is going to be a long ride home I see, Just great!"

As we were driving down the road I was scrolling through Instagram on my phone.

"So are you and Jasmine close, like to the point where y'all tell each other everything?"

"Of course we've been friends for six years, I would hope so."