Disagreements

Chapter Seven

"Never live your life full of regrets and never regret living your life to the fullest!"

It has now been a month since I started working at my new job and things have been going incredibly well. My boss gave me a promotion and now I don't have to be an assistant because I have my own office. I was so grateful not only because I don't have to work both jobs anymore, but also he gave Alexis a job as my assistant. After explaining to Chase everything that happened to us he helped me get a brand new car so I could give Alexis my old one. In addition to all of this, Tylen and I decided to take our relationship to the next level by moving into his house with Alexis. We told the landlords about everything that happened with the house so they gave us more time to keep the house just in case our parents came back. I still haven't heard from Jasmine or my parents since the last time I spoke to them. For the longest time, the thought of them still lingered in my head wondering if they were okay or what they had going on, but now I moved on. They are long gone for my head and I wasn't planning on looking back.

"Baby are you ready? I'm not trying to be late for dinner with Chase and his family tonight!" I yelled from downstairs while zipping up Alexis's dress.

"I'm coming!" Tylen said while rushing down the stairs. "I had to get my watch babe you already know this."

I rolled my eyes then shooed them to hurry them out the door. Once we were in the car I pulled my phone out to use the GPS. Once we got there I was in for a full surprise because his house was huge. Like it was twice the size of Tylen's which was certainly enormous. We were all in disbelief.

"Omg look at his house! It's so nice!" Alexis exclaimed from the backseat.

We parked the car and headed to the entrance. That's when Chase approaches us with a bottle of champagne and two glasses.

"Hello guys, welcome to my house! Follow me this way!" He cheerfully directed us to the backyard at his dinner table.

"I hope you guys won't mind, but I concluded since it was delightful outdoors we could eat out here. I just got my pool reconstructed so you should admire the view."

As soon as we sat down at the table some girl came scrambling out the backdoor. The closer she stepped towards the table I stared. That's when I acknowledged that it was the girl that cut me off that one day in the parking lot.

"Omg, what is that bitch doing here? Chase baby, she's the one I told you about who almost caused me to lose my life inside the parking lot." She expressed it dramatically.

"Are you serious right now? Look here I don't know what your problem is I will—!" I stood up from the table only to be urged back down in my chair by Tylen.

"Babe please let's not calm down! Let's enjoy dinner and not fight!" Tylen smiled then kissed me on my forehead.

"He's right! A family that eats together happily, stays together forever!" Chase's father inserted while marching into the room.

He approached us at the table with his shirt half-buttoned, his zipper undone, and his shoestrings dangling to the floor. To accompany him he had a woman attached to his side, who looked as if she was half his age. She waved at us, smiling nervously.

"Bonjour à tous!" The woman spoke in a French Accent.

"It means hello everyone in French!" Chase's father explained.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Aaliyah!" I waved back at her.

"Je m'appelle Amy, ravie de vous rencontrer!" The woman spoke again, but directly to me this time.