Meeting Chase

Chapter Six

"Life is unpredictable!"

"One, Two, Three, Four, Five—!"

I watched Alexis count while accomplishing the stunts with her cheer group. She was at cheerleading tryouts for the first time. We had been here for an hour already and I was wondering when it was going to end because of how hot it was. She begged our parents to come to watch her, but mom was constantly working and dad was constantly taking off on business trips so they were hardly around.

"You must be a new cheer supporter because I've never seen you out here before."

I pulled down my shades to see who was talking to me and I was some cute mixed guy behind me.

"Actually, yes it's my first time out here, my sister instructed that she wanted to begin cheerleading for the first time this year. So here I am!"

"Wait, do I know you from somewhere? What's your name?" He glanced at me and studied my face.

"It's Aaliyah, what's yours?" I was confused because I didn't think he knew me.

"Chase! Hold up I think I remember you now from middle school! You're the girl who saved me from getting bullied every day during lunch!" He smiled brightly as he began to scroll through his phone gallery to show me an old photo of him.

"Omg I remember you now Turkey Chase, you look so different now!" I was in complete disbelief.

"Yes, that's me! I had to go through a lot of things just to become the person I am today! I never got to thank you for saving me all the time before I moved." He nodded his head thinking about his past.

"You don't have to thank me. I was just being the amazing person I am." I let out confidently, grinning.

"You're right about that one!" He said, making me blush.

"So what are you doing out here? I'm assuming you want to support one of your girlfriends?"

"Actually no, my mom is the coach and occasionally she urges me to go with her to some of her practices when she's lonely!"

"Oh really?"

"Yes, she thinks of it as typical Mother and Son bonding time." He started sarcastically.

"Aww how cute! That's so sweet! Also, I thought you moved states?"

" Yes I did, but I ended up getting into a big mess of trouble and I had to end up moving back here."

"That must have been tough." I pulled out the bag of chips from my purse and began to eat them.

"You know those aren't good for you to eat, especially if you want to proceed to look as nice as you do." He winked at me while adjusting the visor he had on his head.

"Oh, I'm assuming that's a compliment, thanks." I continued to eat my chips.

I glanced at Jasmine getting tossed in the air by the team then shifted my focus back to Chase.

"I'm sure your boyfriend knows he's a very lucky man. Wait, do you even have a boy—."

"Yes she does have one and it's me. The name is Tylen."

He gave him a head nod then kissed my forehead and sat down beside me.

"Hey babe, how did you know where I was?"

"Oh—,I—,Um—, I asked your mom and she said you might be here." He said nonchalantly.

"Okay!"