Track 17: Heartthrob

Yuzuru woke up the next morning in Javier's arms. He looked up at him. Javier was still sound asleep and snoring quietly. Yuzuru gave him a gentle kiss on his jaw. Yesterday had been their last day together. Javier had different competitions assigned to him than Yuzuru and that would mean that they'd spend a lot of time apart. Yuzuru hated thinking about it. That's why he hadn't thought about it much. He'd been so focused on the competition at hand and being happy with Javier. Perhaps that was better than thinking about how they'd be parting ways. They got the most out of their time that way. But.. what did that mean for their relationship? If that was what it was. What if Javier found someone else? What if he slept with other people? Would Yuzuru be okay with that? Just the thought of it pained him. He shook his head and squeezed his eyes closed as if he was shaking away the possibility.

"Yuzu? Is that seriously how you wanna wake me up?" Javier laughed.

Yuzuru looked up into Javier's stunning brown eyes. And watched his long lashes flutter tiredly. 

"I'm sorry." Yuzuru whispered. Maybe he should ask Javier about what he thought. Maybe he didn't want to sleep with other people. 

"Jav-"

Yuzuru was interrupted by someone knocking on the door aggressively. He jumped out of bed as if the person outside could see Javier and Yuzuru in bed together. 

"Guys?" It was Brian. "We're leaving in an hour. Are you coming to the dining room for breakfast?"

Yuzuru sighed relieved. 

"Yeah, we're coming." Javier grabbed Yuzuru's waist and threw him in bed. 

"We'll be there in ten." Javier gave Yuzuru a cheeky smile before kissing him.

...

Brain, Tracy, Yuzuru and Javier were all at the airport. Headed in completely different directions. Now it kicked in for Javier. He wouldn't be seeing Yuzuru for a few months. 

"Guys, it's time to go.." Tracy said apologetically. 

Javier and Yuzuru stood across from each other. This was hard for both of them. Their eyes were tearing. Javier pulled Yuzuru into him and they shared a long embrace. Javier sniffed to keep the tears from falling. Yuzuru couldn't control his. 

Trace and Brian gave each other a look. 

"I'll miss you.." Yuzuru sniffled.

"I'll call you everyday. Don't cry.." Javier tried to laugh his tears away. 

"Now, what did I say?" Tracy pulled up her eyebrow as she looked at Brian. 

Brian looked slightly shocked. "I... think you're right."

"You're the gay one, you should've known." Tracy crossed her arms

"Well, you're the one with the 'woman's intuition'. And It's not like I have a good gaydar just because I'm gay." Brian defended himself.

Tracy snorted.

Yuzuru and Javier finally let go of each other. They waved each other goodbye. 

Javier left with Tracy and Yuzuru left with Brian. 

Yuzuru wiped his tears with the sleeve of his shirt.

...

It had been a week since Yuzuru had said goodbye to Javier. He was really feeling down, despite being in his birth country, Japan. Yuzuru walked into his hotel room and dropped his suitcase next to the door. 

He looked out the window of his hotel room and sighed. The city looked beautiful but it meant nothing to Yuzuru. He felt melancholy and missed Javier like crazy. He didn't even miss his parents this much. He never thought he could feel this empty.