fourteen.

Three days had passed since Christmas

Three days had passed since Christmas. Yasir had been full of regret ever since he came to the next morning and saw Na'imah just watching him sleep. He never mean for anything to end up that way, of scare her like that.

"You eat?" she asked him when he came downstairs. She had been staying with him the past three days, making sure he had everything he needed, and making sure he was okay, but other than that—she hadn't said a word to him. Every time he tried to talk to her about it, or anything for that matter her answers were short, or she'd change the subject.

"Nah, not since dis mornin'," he answered her, and she nodded, going to the kitchen and popping a plate of food in the microwave for him. "Na'imah," he called.

"Yeah?" she responded, occupying herself so she wouldn't have to look at him.

"Can you talk ta' me, man," he sighed and she briefly glanced at him, before turning back toward the stove.

"I'm tired, we can talk later," she mumbled, brushing past him to go upstairs to the room. "It's lemonade in there if you want some—but you should drink water," she said. She always made him drink water with his food, especially recently.

She was cracking down hard on him, she didn't want him out of her sight but she didn't want to be in his. At least not right now. It was hard on the both of them, especially on Yasir who had no idea what was in her head or what she thought.

As the evening progressed, she hadn't come downstairs for anything. He wasn't sure if she ate at all, but he asked her and she just told him she was okay and not to worry. She was like a completely different person, and he was struggling with the fact that he may have caused it.

Later on, Yasir finally decided to get some rest, in his bed instead of on the couch. He went upstairs to see Na'imah on her laptop, probably editing pictures.

During the day, if he was home, he saw Nana leave at random times. She'd always tell him where she was going, and it was never alone, but she'd be gone for about two hours and then be back to check on him again. She'd usually take her camera, or some brushes and a canvas with her, too.

"You not sleepy?" he asked her, like he did for three nights in a row, and just like all three nights, she shook her head no. But Yasir knew she was. She hadn't been sleeping the past few days, and even though Sevyn told him she'd nap at her house, he wasn't sure how to approach it.

The only reason he knew she wasn't too sad or mad with him was because she still hadn't taken her ring off, and he hoped she wouldn't.