thirty four.

"Hey Bam bam," Nana cooed to Bambi as she came downstairs for the morning

"Hey Bam bam," Nana cooed to Bambi as she came downstairs for the morning. "Whatchu in hea' doin, mama? You botherin' your big brudda?" she asked and Bambi wagged her tail happily, walking behind Na'imah into the kitchen.

Gutta trotted in moments after, yawning, completely over Bambi and her shenanigans, as Nana suspected. Even though Gutta was barely two, Bambi had more energy than he could handle sometimes. She loved running all day, even when he was napping.

"Aw, hi stinka butt. Sista' got you sleepy huh?" Nana giggled, opening the fridge to see if there was anything for her to cook. Yasir was still sleeping, he wasn't leaving home today and she knew that meant he wouldn't be up until 10:30.

After she decided to make fried fish and grits, she washed her hands and started getting it ready, just seasoning the fish they bought the night before. It was only 8, and she could busy herself until 9:45, this meal took her no time at all.

She wandered back to her studio room, seeing all the canvases strewn around the floor, making her laugh at her own disorganization. She had her own little system and that was all that mattered to her. Yasir couldn't stand it, as the perfectionist he was, but  he didn't work back here.

Her eyes stumbled upon her camera, and she took a shallow breath. She found herself walking over to it and hesitantly picking it up from atop her desk, plugging it in, so it'd connect to her computer. Sitting down in her rolling chair, she found herself clicking through her old photos.

She saw some of Kimora, sticking her middle finger up at the camera because she was so hot, causing her to giggle. She saw pictures of Gutta on Christmas, and Yasir in his Christmas PJ's, pictures her and Sevyn goofing off a few weeks before the incident. All the happy memories she captured with this camera and her last one.

She saw outtakes from Sevyn's birthday tribute video, making her laugh because Cordell and Yasir were extremely hard headed when it came to camera directions, her rolling her eyes at Yasir because she was out of focus the first two times she tried to shoot her video.

Nana furrowed her eyebrows as she clicked on something she didn't recognize, and it was Yasir, in a video at that.

"Hey Princess," he started, squinting his eyes, making her giggle, she could tell he was trying to see himself in the viewfinder. "I'on know how ta' work dis shit man. Anyway, um, I'm at the hospital right na' wit' you. I hope you sleep so you can't hear dis, but it's midnight on May 8th, so it's yo' twenty first birthday, happy birthday baby," he nodded and she could tell he couldn't bring himself to smile.

"It's been a hard wit'out you man. You ca' tell you really brought light ta' everybody life cuz wit' you in dis hospital shit been dark. Everybody missin' you, I miss you. I love you more than life itself I swea' on my life you the best thing dat happened ta' me an' I'm tryna make it but I need you back, baby. I need dat smile back, I need dem eyes back, everything—I miss you Nana," he spoke shakily, breaking her heart. "When you wake up we gon' do it up fa' ya birthday I'on care if its next yea', we celebratin' you fa' as long as you want an' if anybody got a pro'lem wit' dat could eat a di—I'm bein' vulgar my bad," he stopped himself and Nana laughed out loud because she was literally thinking he didn't need to curse.