°•° one °•°

if you haven't read the description, i'll put it here. please remember this has nothing to do with sapnap's real life, it's just a sad story.

°•° warning °•°
-suicidal actions
-slight gore
-death

(also in my other stories, i think i confuse people. just pretend they aren't doing youtube LOL)

°•°•°•°•°

i look both ways before turning on the street with the bridge. my favorite way to getting home. especially after i have to clean up someone's mess and leave work at 11:45 pm. people can be so dumb sometimes.

i sigh as i look at the empty road ahead of me. the only moving thing is the water and trees dancing with the wind.

i'm half way on the bridge when i see someone up ahead sitting on the edge of the bridge. do they not have a car? are they homeless? if they need help i'll help them.

as i get closer i can clearly see that they're a boy, about my age. they start to stand up, maybe they're deciding to leave now, but they don't walk away.

i start to slow down to ask if he's alright, but it looks like he hasn't noticed me.

i stop the car, and get out. when the door closes, that's when his attention focuses on me.

"hey," i walk over, expecting him to say something, anything. but he doesn't. he stands there, looking at me. i furrow my eyebrows, becoming worried. "can you... come over here? away from the edge." i say softly, not wanting to startle him. "please?"

he breaks eye contact and looks down at the water beneath him. that's when i start to panic. he slowly looks back to me, and says his first words.

"can you go?" he softly says. i freeze, confirming that i need to help him. i shake my head, not leaving. "please?" he says even softer.

i'm not gonna leave, no matter how much he begs. i start to move closer to him, but immediately stop when he starts mirroring me and walking closer to the edge. i remain eye contact, as if eye contact was going to prevent him from doing anything. as long as he was in my sight, i wasn't going to watch him kill himself.

the only thing i can think of doing right now is reaching my hand out. hoping he'll take it, and we'll go on with our day.

he stares at my hand, and i'm thinking he'll take it, because he's reaching out to it. but suddenly stops, looking me dead in the eye, and quickly turning to the water.

"no!" i scream. if i don't run after him, he's going to die. if i stand here, he's going to die.

i immediately run after him,

watching him walk right to the edge,

i reach out, trying to grab him, grab anything to prevent him from falling.

but i don't know what i've got in my hands right now,

my vision is blurred,

and i don't know if i got him in time.