°•° fourteen °•°

1 month later

i hit my desk, anger and sadness taking over. i fall to my knees, clutching my head. i break out into another sob. darryl's death completely broke everyone. no one's really talking, only if we get bored, or try to get our minds off darryl. but even though we try to act better, it's getting worse. no one's happy anymore.

when i'm done crying, i get in bed, wanting to sleep, and not think about anything but good dreams. but only flashbacks flood in.

the person with the mask, aiming at darryl while we look at george who's arrived to sit with us. i feel the blood lust in their veins, wanting blood, wanting people to suffer, wanting death.

we didn't want this to happen. we didn't even know this would happen.

darryl's blood is seeping through his shirt. his eyes showed he wasn't ready to die. he shouldn't have died. why couldn't it be me? i was right next to him, why not me?

the bang of the gun is what sends me shooting up from my bed, seeing i've had another nightmare. i lay back down, trying to relax.

i hear my phone go off, seeing nick is calling me.

"hello?" i say once i've picked up.

"y/n?" his voice breaks, and i know he's been crying.

"what happened?" i ask, worried.

"clay and zak-" he doesn't continue before sniffling.

"what about them?" i ask, worried about losing my other two best friends.

"they-" his voice doesn't want to cooperate. "they jumped together," he breaks down, right before me.

"what?" my voice is low, not wanting to believe they jumped off a bridge together.

"clay sent me a voicemail! a fucking voicemail! he didn't even say bye to us in person!" he raises his voice. just like darryl, we didn't get to say our last words. why did clay and zak not even say anything?! they knew we were all weeping, and they decide that killing themselves will help?!

i feel like all i can do now, is cry. only wanting to see them, tell them i love them, and that i'll miss them. but i didn't get that chance.

2 weeks later

i look at my phone, seeing the call is from clay. i start to panic. if i answer, will it be the voice i'm hoping for?

of course it won't. it's the police, just like last time, they called on his phone to tell us if we knew anything about his death. it's the fucking police. it won't be clay.

"hello?" my voice is strained.

"is this y/n?" they say. all my hope is crushed once again, not hearing his deep and soothing voice.

"yes," is all i say.

"we called you to tell you we have found the body."

i can't move. i'm frozen. they really just want to remind me my best friend is dead? is that the best they can do?

i hang up, not saying a word. dammit. i just sit there, thinking of how idiotic that was. i shouldn't have hung up, i could've at least thanked them for giving me the information.

i sigh, almost crying again. but that's all i do. i'm sick of crying. i don't wanna cry anymore. but i can't stop the tears. they will always be coming.