°•° four °•°

"you can come in if you want," he says as he's about to get out of the car. i nod, accepting his offer.

he doesn't live far from me, it took 15 minutes to get here. and his house is about as big as mine, probably better kept too.

i get out of the car and follow him to his front door. he lifts his welcome mat from the ground and takes a key from underneath it. i watch him open the door and walk into his house. it's about as messy as mine. that's understandable.

"sorry for the mess," he says, going to his room for clothes.

"it's fine," i smile, "mine's about the same." i look around his house, finding his bathroom, kitchen, laundry room, and an extra bedroom. i didn't get nosy, the house is so squished together i can tell which room is which. "where's your parents? do they live with you?"

"they always moved, so i decided to get a house for myself. and actually stay in one place for once," he doesn't look at me. i can tell he's annoyed at them.

"wait, how old are you? you seem kinda young to live on your own," he lightly chuckled at my statement.

"i could say the same for you," he looks at me while packing his toothbrush, i blush, knowing i'm young, "i'm 19," he says, turning back to what he's doing.

"hey!" i smile, "i'm 18!"

he looks at me and smiles, then goes back to packing his necessities. i look around his room, seeing a dresser with two items on top of it. a pin that has clouds, and someone sleeping, like someone's dreaming. right next to it is glasses, with the name 'george' on it. i walk over to it, analyzing them.

"these are cool," i say, thinking that it was something his mom and dad gave him.

"yea, my friends gave me them,"

"hm, do you wanna visit them? tell them you're ok?" i look over at him. his smile turns into a frown.

"i don't know where they are. like i said, my parents always moved."

he didn't get a chance to make new ones?

"didn't you make new friends?" all he does is shake his head. i stay silent while he gets his last toiletries.

"what about you? you have any friends?" he suddenly asks.

"not really," i laugh off the embarrassment. he smiles as he realizes we have something in common. "maybe we could be friends?" i ask hopeful. he scoffs, looks over, then nods his head, agreeing to being friends with me. i smile, finally having a friend. "oh! i got brownie mix the other day. uh, do you wanna help me make it?" i wait for his answer. in order to be friends, we gotta do friend things. he looks at me for a second. then smiles.

"yea i'll help you," i silently smile to myself.