Where'd ya go?

"You're still pretty Kiyo~" Rantaro mumbled, hugging Kiyo tightly. The merman chirped in response, nuzzling into Rantaro. A few minutes of silence, Kiyo began to sputter. "I lo..love you! I love you Taro!" Rantaro blushed, "I love you too Kiyo." He smiled. The merman chirped happily, bouncing around on Rantaro's lap.
     The two continued cuddling against the cave wall for a long while until they heard someones voice. "Yoohoo! Rantaro! Kiyo!" The boys looked up to see the same small white haired girl from a few days ago. "Oh, hey Angie!" Rantaro waved, Kiyo chirped as a greeting. "Atua says that I should check up on you!" She says rather loudly.
     "Could you quiet down? I don't know if anyone is here or not.." Rantaro asked sheepishly, "Oh yes! Angie is sorry!" She said quieting down "Its okay! Thanks, Angie.." Kiyo began rolling off of Rantaro's lap. "So, Atua has been wondering how you two have been! So tell me!" Angie said cheerfully, Kiyo chirped happily as Rantaro's face grew a bit red. "We've.. We've been great actually" Rantaro giggled. Kiyo nodded, "Ooo! Lovely!" Angie smiled.
     The three stayed at the beach until Angie had to leave. It was near the same time she first left, "Tata! I shall see you soon!" Angie sang as she skipped out. "See ya Angie!" Rantaro waved. Kiyo waved as well, chirping as the white haired girl skipped off. Rantaro grabbed Kiyo and picked him up, placing him down on the sand, "weren't you hungry Kiyo?" Rantaro asked, walking toward the near full tupperware which was heating up from the sun. Kiyo chirped happily and nodded.
     As Rantaro turned back around he noticed. "Kiyo? Where'd ya go?" He yelled.

Kiyo was gone.

a/n: sorry for another short chapter 😔  I had no idea what to write about so I wanted to move to another plot point. The next chapter will take a few more days cuz I'm feeling really unmotivated 😿😿 sorry bros