Reunited

Catra could feel her mind slipping away, her throat violently let out another cough as she pierced the door of Prime's front room and caught a glimpse of Adora. She let out a scream as she tried to tackle Prime down, but he simply snapped his fingers and she couldn't feel herself, she felt so lost, she felt empty.

Adora watched as her friend tried to tackle Prime, he looked surprised for a second, until he smirked and snapped his fingers. That's when she saw Catra look into her eyes, 'Adora..' Her eyes turned green and flowed against the darkened room. Prime just laughed and raised his arms, 'Yes, this is the power I wield!! I'm surprised she lasted this long by her own willpower.' He said, Adora was going to snap if Prime didn't let her go.

The way his hands freely touched Catra swelled her anger, 'I will give her to you, if you wish. But first,' He began, petting Catra's neck and gazing into Adora's horrified eyes. He took pure pleasure in this, he wanted all of Etheria to beg for his mercy, he wanted the hero groveling at his knees, 'you will give me She-Ra.' Adora snapped her head back at him, her eyebrows bent downwards glaring at him.

'Never.'

'That's quite unfortunate, Adora. Your Catra was once precious to you, I see all. But the fact that you will not give She-Ra to me means you've miscalculated. I will bring Etheria under my will.' He simply said, patting Catra's head as Adora saw just a faint glimpse of her old friend's original blue and gold eyes. She gasped, maybe Catra could be saved, she just needed to defeat Prime.

But he was already walking off. He took his clones side by side with him, waving off Adora and the absent minded Catra. 'I'll leave you both to get reacquainted.' The systematic doors shut behind them, and the blonde stood up and ran to Catra.

Glimmer and Bow met up with Entrapta, trying desperately to hold back the clones as the purple princess attempted to hack into the Hive Mind. They encountered Wrong Hordak, who was also fighting with them. All they had to do was wait until Adora came back with Catra, they hoped.

Catra was clawing at Adora's back, exchanging kicks and punches, 'Catra, please, come back to me.' Adora pleaded. Her eyes were staining with tears streaming down her face, her hair tie was ripped and the scars were stinging all over. But she couldn't let Catra go, she couldn't. She was going to help her. No matter what, as Catra leapt up onto the control screen panels, she let out a smile.

'Horde Prime has stopped my pain, Adora. The pain that you caused, it doesn't hurt anymore, I can breathe again.' Catra said, an unsettlingly gentle voice gracing Adora's ears. It was true, she was free of the pain, but it wasn't her feelings, and honestly she didn't know how to feel, as if she just couldn't feel. She could see Adora in front of her, she loathed the blonde. But she desperately needed to get her voice across, not just thoughts that Prime intended for her to slip out. Yet she felt like she needed this. She hated Adora, maybe even resented her for leaving, for leaving what they could've been, what they were destined to be.

'Catra...Please..' Adora pleaded, her voice so soft and faint, her tears leaking out of her eyes as she grabbed Catra by her arms and holding it against her back, 'It's going to be okay.' She needed Catra back, she wanted this. She could feel a brimming sorrow overwhelming her, she just needed Catra here with her, but she knew deep down Catra didn't want her, didn't need her, but she didn't care. She was going to be selfish, she was going to have Catra back, and she wanted that. Abruptly hearing a crack, her face phased into horror as she could see Catra's arm twist beyond what should be possible without pain and slip behind Adora, clawing her way into her skin which forced her to let out a wince. But it was okay, she would go through anything to get her best friend back.

'Everything is already okay, we are with Prime now. Come into the light with me.' Catra said, her voice unnervingly soothing and calm to Adora's ears. The way Catra held her, her hands gently held against her shoulders. If only they could stay like that, if only the circumstances were different, Adora felt terrible for liking how Catra embraced her again. She hated how she leaned in to her touch at the immediate second, but she had to snap out of that false hope. She pulled Catra using all of her weight along her back onto the floor, she could see the chipped feline roll back to hit the back of her neck on the surface of the platform. She begged her to snap out of it, her voice hoarse with worry.

'Snap out of it Catra! I don't want to hurt you, please.'

Catra's head lifted up as she glared down at Adora, laughing at what the blonde said. 'But you have already hurt me. The pain you caused was taken away by Prime,' She walked backwards up to the screens and closed her eyes, crossing both of her arms over her chest. What the fuck was she saying? What the fuck, she was out of character to say this, her mind screaming through her eyes that were outshined by the green that paved through, 'come into the light with me.'

Adora didn't know what she was doing, but she tackled Catra back to the ground, and her neck hit another solid surface. The blonde struggled until this point to pin Catra down and take a short breather, but it didn't seem to need to be like that. Catra's eyes went back to normal. '...Adora..' She spoke softly, staring up at her blue eyes.

'Catra!'

'Where's...Where's Glimmer..?'

'She's with Bow and Entrapta, why did you sacrifice yourself?!'

'None of your business. I don't need to tell you, I don't need you.'

Adora's breath hitched as Catra took her chance of vulnerability to push her off and run to the edge of the platform. Adora scurried after her, extending her hands out to grab Catra. She brought Catra into a hug, a hug she really needed. They probably both needed it, but Catra's mind was buzzing. She hated Adora, she loved her touch, she despised what she was doing, she loved her smell. She hated the feeling bubbling in the throat, not again, no god no. Please no. It was so quick this time, she started to cough, her blood coming down again and she spit the flowers out to the side of Adora's feet.

'Catra?! What's this?!' Adora exclaimed, Catra's eyes as wide as her own. She didn't know what was happening, neither of them knew. But..Wasn't Adora the one that did this to her? Yeah, Adora was trying to play dumb, to get her caught in her trap. So she shoved Adora and took a step back.

'Adora.' Catra simply said, 'Go away.'
No.

Her feet. Her feet didn't step on anything.

She was falling.

And Adora was the only one foolish enough to jump after her.