Apologizing

This is meant to be the last sad, slow and agonizing part of this story.

The moment Catra opened her eyes, she fearfully expected a disappointed Prime, ready to ruthlessly punish her for failing him, she dreaded it. But then she realized, she could think for herself, she thought of that by herself, she wasn't seeing Prime, she saw Adora. She was cradled in Adora's arms. Right now, she let the vulnerability show, she lowered the guard that she built up and stared up at the girl in front of her. It felt good to see her.

There was no time to enjoy this moment, she had questions and needed answers, but she didn't trust the blonde, she jolted away from Adora and accidentally knocked into someone, she let out a hiss. When she next opened her eyes again she found it was Glimmer also groaning at the pain, but she was teary eyed and by her expression, was enthusiastic about Catra being right here with them. Catra missed Sparkles too, and brought her into a tight hug which the other returned. It was like a moment of bliss for them both, they missed each other's company and were just glad that they weren't in a dire situation that could cost them their lives.

'Catra..I thought you were gone.' Glimmer choked out, still taking in the moment of Catra being right here safely, and she could hear the other girl give a quiet chuckle as she replied back to her.

'You should know you can't get rid of me that quickly.' She replied, smiling at the queen. She was finally safe, Prime was no longer to hurt her. And her hug got even tighter until Glimmer forcefully shoved Catra away to glare at her in the eyes. Catra knew what was coming, everybody in the ship did.

'Are you stupid?! I thought you were dead Catra! What were you thinking, you're so stupid!!' She finally screamed, everyone on the ship stared at her in utter silence as she continued to tell Catra how she felt, 'And giving me that cake?! Were you trying to KILL ME?'

Relief was clearly felt in Glimmer when her friend was alive, she was so glad, glad that she was alright, that all of her friends were alright. She was glad Bow could take her offer to forgive her and they still had each other's back, and she was glad that Adora was there to always help them. She was so happy to have both of them to help her even fulfill her duties as the queen, and right now, she hoped Catra could be part of that too. But right now, her anger got the best of her and she spewed hot words right out of her mouth.

Catra expected as much as possible for this to be her reaction. She admitted, her actions were extremely worrying and far fetched but she wouldn't have done it any other way, seeing as she thought she was about to meet her unavoidable doom. She knew what Prime could do to whole planets at the snap of his hands, so what problem would she be to him? Maybe it was out of fear, maybe out of sadness. Maybe it was it felt like a weight was lifted off her shoulders, that she was so calm in her mind when the clones took her.

Glimmer was a friend, and she had a lot of apologizing to do to every person individually at Bright Moon (if they would let her go there), and she would. But still, she didn't need to yell so loudly.

'What do you mean, Sparkles? I was about to die up there! You always need to play the hero! I was fine, I was ready, I deserved that! I thought that-' She paused and took a quick glance at Adora, then back at Glimmer, 'I thought the Rebellion would have one less bad guy to deal with.'  She could see the queen's mouth open to say something, but instead a warm hand was placed on the back of her shoulder. It was Adora, Catra could tell by the way her palm felt, the way her fingers curled around her furred shoulder, it made the fur stick up on Catra's neck, but she didn't dare move.

Adora couldn't watch what was going on any more, Catra was being so vulnerable in front of her, in front of them. Catra used to be so snarky and smug, the enemy that was always cocky and two steps ahead of anything the Rebellion did. And now, she was like a normal girl. The young girl she used to be, the girl Adora used to always need to defend. To see her so defeated, so defenseless, it was almost agonizing. She could feel the pain in her chest, she loved this girl so much, she cared for her more than she did herself, she always has.

'Catra.. No one wanted you dead.. It's just, you were the enemy, you were part of the Horde and-'

'And so were you. You switched your side, you betrayed me whilst I was loyal to Hordak. But look where that got me.' Catra sighed, standing up and sighing, she was tired, she wanted a bed, something to sleep on. Adora knew exactly what she needed, it's like she hadn't changed a bit.

Although the feline's words bit a wound into Adora's chest, the blonde felt obliged to at least show her where she would sleep, so she did.

This was the first time the two had met face to face without trying to harm each other. Not that Catra ever wanted to. She'd never dare hurt Adora, she never did, but She-Ra? She would destroy She-Ra, even if it was the last thing she did. It was She-Ra's fault that Adora left her, fulfilling her idiotic destiny and leaving her, what they had, behind.

It was a slow walk around Darla, as slow as it was awkward, neither girls spoke, not because they had nothing to say, but they had too much to say, and they wouldn't know where to begin. That was okay, it was the beginning of building the fragile relationship they once had.

A small repair in the right direction.