EP20 Almost but never enough

I know it's wrong for me to share the news to my bestfriends , but i was about to explode if i don't. It was stupid of me to do that but it's just so hard to keep. They were happy for me and was shocked too..
Then, they have their expectation that i might get pregnant, not just my best friends but him as well..

After a few weeks, i received a message from him...
" i heard from zyrc that you slipped off at the toilet while cleaning, how are you? Is the baby okay? " he asked.

"baby?? You're so sure to assume.. II'm not pregnant, I tried several tests but it turned out negative.".. I explained..

"I'm still hoping " he replied

"you shouldn't have to" i insisted..

Then few more weeks had passed, i didn't hear any news from him..

I don't even have an audacity to reach out on him..
.
To cut it short, we lost communications.....

That was half expected though.. But still feels painful.. Feels like i was just being used and abandoned..

"Ah... That's how it felt to be in a one night stand situation. " i cried to myself.. ..

. ........

Weeks had passed, there were no sight of him.. ..
There was a choir outing that was scheduled on that weekend, and i was perplexed when one of my choir mates told that Reese was coming with us.. .. My heart skipped a beat the time i heared, but i felt a bit if anger as well..
I was abandoned by him,and i was thinking that i need to stay mad at him...
...

The day has come,
Everyone's excited, while waiting for our service transportation, i b
Noticed that he was out of sight... I didn't ask my mates about him though I'm a bit curious,
"why was reese not with us"
Asked mu other mate.

I smiled hearing the question, at least it wasnt coming from me..
"he'll just catch up" says the leader.

On the beach resort, rodney, my only male closest friend recieved a call from Reese.. They were asking reese to buy some stuffs before going to the place from we were at.
I was just quietly listening when,

"Barbie, Do have something you need to buy? We'll let Reese Buy for you, he's already coming"

"a few sticks of cigarettes will do, I'll pay him when he gets here" i rapidly replied.

Then he came on the beach we're were at.. He did really bought cigarettes but it was a packet full..

"That's a lot to burn" i say to myself

"take it slowly" he said as he turned around..

"thanks! " i uttered..

That day has started with full of tease from our mates..

As we go to our room as we checked in by noon, everyone's picking their sleeping spots
We were 12 and has 6 beds on that big room.
Ofcourse that takes 2 occupant in a bed.

While everybody's jumping, i noticed i was the last one who entered the room.
It was too late.

All spots were occupied except the one that was taken by Reese.

I know it was planned by my mates and i know there's no way for me to have it bartered.

He was already lying on the bed since he came from a 4hours travel from his work and went directly on that beach..

The group spend the day with singing and lots of laughter...

So the night came, we need to sleep, everybody was exhausted and wants to rest...

Reese was already on the bed when the time I'm done talking a bath.

I know he was already asleep because i know he's tired..

I was really hesitant to sleep beside him on the same bed.. Everything flashed back to my senses.. The pain, and the remorse..

But since i don't have a choice, and since he positioned at the very end of the bed facing the aircon with 1 meter apart, i felt pity on him thinking he would feel cold in his spot since we only have 1 blanket..
I can't give up that for him since I'm the one who hates an air conditioner.

So i lie down on the very end of the other side of bed and tried to close my eyes even though i can't take myself from thinking about the past..

Though i was worried for him, i forced myself to sleep..
I was waken up by my mates laughter which i didn't expect that they were laughing at both of us.
They even took pictures of us while we were sleeping..

I found him feeling so uneasy, it felt like he was so disgusted with me..

So I just stayed away from his sight after that...