Chapter 2

I stand there with confusion in my eyes. "Gale?" I say as I try to see who the person is that is standing at my door. "Yeah, it's me." he says quietly. "What do you want!?" I say agrinly. "It's a long story. May I come in? It's been a long time. I just need you to let me explain." Gale says with a sound of innocence in his voice. "Why should I? Why should I even be giving you the time to talk to me now?" I'm even more angry now. Just the fact that he thinks he can come to my house and talk to me makes my body fill up with fury.

I hear little footsteps walking down the stairs. I turn around and see Finnick running to me. He comes behind me and hides behind my legs. "Mommy, who's that?" he asks pointing at Gale. "Nobody sweetie." I say brushing the hair out of Finnick's face then looking back at Gale. "Katniss let me-" Gale says as I cut him off by slamming the door in his face. "Katniss! Katniss open the door! Let me explain everything!" I can hear Gale saying through the door. I turn around and lean on the back of the door with tears in my eyes.

Peeta comes down the stairs with Annie in his arms. "Who was that?" he asks conserned. "Gale." I say to him looking down at the ground. "One more time?" Peeta says with the same confussion in his eyes that I had. "Gale." I say again louder. "What did he say?" "He tried to get me to let him explain why everything happened." I say this with anger and sadness in my voice. A tear rolls down my face and Peeta notices. "Oh Katniss! I'm sorry he did that to you! It's okay now." Peeta comes over to me and hugs me in his protective arms.

"Katniss! Please open the door!" I hear Gale say from outside. "He's still here?!" Peeta asks while letting go of me. "Yes, but don't worry about him Peeta. He'll eventually go away." I hug Peeta back and he kisses me on the cheak and says "Take Finnick and Annie upstairs and stay there with them."