Chapter 3

I take Finnick and Annie upstairs. "Stay here." I whisper to them. I slowly walk back down the stairs to see Peeta about to open the door again. "Katniss!" Gale starts. "Oh, it's you." he says to Peeta. "Yeah it's me. The owner of this house. Now, can you please leave me and my family alone?" Peeta asks. "Just let me talk to her." Gale says to Peeta with anger in his voice. "No she doesn't wish to speak to you. Now could you please leave us alone?" Peeta says loudly. I turn around and see Finnick and Annie looking through the hand railing around the stairs to see what's happening. "No Gale! She is never going to forgive you!" I turn around to hear Peeta say the loudest I've ever heard him talk. "Fine, I will just go to her."

Gale pushes through Peeta. He runs up the stairs with Peeta chasing after him. "Go to Annie's room and stay in there!" I scream out to Finnick and Annie. They both quickly run and close the door behind them. Gale finally reaches me and says "Katniss just let me explain, alright?" Peeta gets to where Gale and I are standing and is trying to push Gale back down the stairs. "No Peeta. Just let him explain. Then he'll leave." I say with hate in my eyes. Peeta sees this, obviously, and nods with love in his. "Thank you! When those bombd went off, I didn't know that was going to happen in District 13. Let along happen to the District 13 kids and, and, and Prim." he says as his voice tails off. I have tears going down my face now just thinking about Prim. I haven't thought about her since Finnick was born. 

"Katniss Im' so sorry! I never wanted anything to happen to her! Katniss I never stopped loving you!" I start to cry even more, cupping my hands over my mouth so I don't shreak with the sadness in my voice. Peets pushes Gale down the stairs and out the door. I hear Gale try to says something, but is cut off but them slamming of the front door. "You better watch out bread boy! Just wait!" Gale says screaming through the door.