Going From Black to Pink

As Naomi showed me to my room, I looked at the door in stupidity. A pink heart was on the door. I looked at Naomi and she looked at me before opening the door. I was surprised I didn't go blind with all the pink! I looked at the room and looked at Naomi.

"You've got to be kidding," I said with slight disgust.

Naomi shook her head. I wasn't used to the snout. "Nope," she said. "We have no other rooms except this one."

"What about that one?" I asked, pointing to a room with the door cracked open. It seemed like it's internal color was an oceanic blue.

Naomi looked at the door, sighing, "That's April's room."

I looked at her closely. I knew it wasn't anybody's room because the doorhandle had dust and looked like it hadn't been touched in months. But I wasn't going to push the fact that Naomi wasn't going to let me have any other room except this one.

Looking back inside, I noticed it wasn't all that bad. I stepped inside and Naomi closed the door. Gritting my teeth, I sat on the bed and looked around. There was mostly pink stuff, yes, but there was also some orange, purple and even red and blue. But there was hardly blue, red and purple. Only stuff that had the designs etched in them had the colors.

The bed that I was sitting on had a very soft and fluffy feeling. I wasn't sure if it was from the sheets or the blanket or even the mattress itself. I mean... Turtles couldn't get Temperpedic... Could they? But it seemed like memory foam with the mattress itself. Weird...

But the blankets on the bed had a silky touch. Very nice and smooth. They had the colors of tangerine orange and a pink bright enough to be noticed, but not enough to be a neon and blinding. The pillow and sheets were the same way.

If I thought about it, the designs were diamond in shape, but with curly cues around them. It was like a diamond flower, really.... The diamonds were the orange while the curls or petals were pink. i traced my three fingered hand along the curls, smiling. It was a very nice color, the pink. Maybe pink wasn't all that bad.

I looked around again. A closet had its door open, and I peered inside, looking what was in it. I blinked and looked at a mask similar to what the Turtles were wearing. I noticed that each Turtle wore a mask except Naomi and Julie... Naomi had a black mask on her tail and Julie... There was no mask on Julie anywhere.

But I looked at the mask and the wrappings folded neatly on a few side shelves like where one would put books or small possessions. I looked at my bare wrists and ankles. I was used to some kind of clothing and I guess these would have to do...

I grabbed up the cloth and starting wrapping them up on my wrists and again on my ankles, relaxing at how worn out and comfortable they actually were. They were worn out, yes, but that meant that the cotton or wool or whatever these were made out of had let the soft fabric tear and brush against the dry skin of my new body.

But as I finished with my last ankle wrapping, I looked at the mask. Being in this room as long as I have seemed natural to me now. I thought that pink was probably better than black... Was black even a color? I grabbed the mask and looked at it and smiled. It was a nice mask. It was like the other Turtles only pink. Again. But I was growing used to the color.

As I put the mask on, I heard feet shuffling outside my door. I tied the mask behind my head, completely forgetting about Shredder and the Foot and what they would think of me if and when they saw me like this, and went to the door and opened it, pausing at Mikey's raised hand.

He looked at me and smiled innocently but I slammed the door in his face and went to the bed, still walking a little unbalanced from the shell, but I managed and plopped on the bed, somehow exhausted.