Foot Ninjas, Not Bots

After Mikey had shown me the rest of the lair and told me what the purple masked one, Donnie I think the name was, was working on, he led me to the dojo again to the tree. Christmas was two weeks away and he smiled as he picked through the presents to see which presents were which. I watched him, looking at the different colored wrapping paper.

I sat down in front of the tree with him when a ring from his pockets sounded off. Mikey looked at it and pulled out a shell-shaped phone and answered it, "Donnie? .... Yeah, I'm still at the- .... Foot? ... Have you called Raph? .... Yeah, I'll be there. Should I bring the others? .... Okay." and he hung up, looking at the phone. "Donnie and Julie are fighitng foot ninjas... Not bots but actual ninjas.... He needs our help."

I paused but nodded a little, worried about which side I would really take when I got there. Or maybe I could hide from the battle. Mikey got up and I followed, still unsure about I was going to do about this whole situation.

When we went into the main room, I saw Naomi waiting already with Raph and the blue masked Turtle, Leo. I gulped, following the group out, Leo leading topside. Should I remember this route in case I needed to make a quick get-away from these Turtles? I think I should just in case I did feel loyal to Shredder, even though all my doubts from earlier hit me again.

My thoughts and and my true loyality was mixed. Naomi and Julie were my friends... Shredder was my teacher. I thought all about this on the way to the roofs and to a section of the roof that I recognized that me and my squadron usually frequented.

Donnie and Julie were already in the fray, fighting off Karai's troops with enough force to knock the ninjas unconscious, but not dead. However, I did see blood. I imagine that they were used to fighting Foot bots that at first they used blades and too much force. I think at least four ninjas were dead.

I gulped and lagged behind the group until I was the last one. I hid behind a conditioning unit and just listened to the battle rage. I heard a cry from one person or mutant. But I wasn't going to look, my entire body shaking from uncertainty and questions racing through my head.

Finally, I heard silence. Still unsure what to do, I stayed behind the unit until someone jumped on top of it, making me hide in my shell in fright. I blinked as I realized I was in the shell. I wasn't sure how my entire body fit in it, but I somehow managed.

"Mikito, take it easy," I heard Mikey laugh softly. I relaxed and closed my eyes in the dim shadow of the inside of the shell. My nerves were at war and Mikey's voice relaxed them. I poked out of the shell and smiled nervously at him from below him.

Naomi and Julie were coming into view from the side. Both of their tails flicked and smiled, Julie coming up and helping me up, "Come on. You're okay."

"What about the foot ninjas?" I asked.

Julie's jaw tightened at first before answering, "We thought they were FootBots at first, so I used my arrows and Donnie his staff blade... A few are dead... but the rest are knocked out and would reconsider of ever joining the FootClan again."

I lowered my head, making sure I forced myself to look away from the battle scene. Mikey set a hand on his shoulder as the other boys came up, sheathing their weapons in their safe pockets. I realized I didn't even bring my katana to even fight.

Looking at them, I smiled and relaxed a little. I could tell they didn't mean to kill the foot ninjas, but it still worried me if that was my old squadron or Karai's. It confused me, but I let it slide off and follow the others back to the lair.

I would remember the way back just in case I would want the fresh air. Not for Shredder.