Chapter Eight

A.N.
Slight 18+ content. Just slight.

Their clothing was soiled with mud and water as they trenched back to Ash's house; hand-in-hand. Gary was rubbing small circles into the back of Ash's hand, producing a sensations of warmth to spread through his hand. Ash recognize the other boy's anxiety tick, thinking of how easily he could adjust to the little habit. Ash's Vans, which were previously black, were now a deep brown, the mud layering itself as some parts dried themselves.

When the boys approached the door, they both silently kicked off their shoes and placed them under the awning;they did not want any further damage. Their socks aided with their slickness, sliding into the kitchen undetected.

"Mom?" Ash couldn't help but chuckle at his mom being easily scared.

"Did you find G-" Her sentence cut short when she spun around and took in Gary standing slightly behind Ash. Before Gary could look away, Ash's mom noticed the puffiness in his eyes. "I recall your grandfather desiring you to be with him at home?" She returned to her almost finished dish.

"I'm not returning home. Not right now, at least." He half-huffed out, crossing his arms. He knew he would have to string along some odd jobs here and there to keep his own apartment. Maybe try and sneak the tent out of his parents' belongings. Traveling around the region would be nice right about now. That was the only real way he could avoid his grandfather for a long period of time.

"My house is always open for you Gary. I'm not extending a welcome to you in spite of your grandfather overstepping his boundaries today, although it is tempting, but I see you almost as one of my own. I do not think it is in your best interest to live under that roof until your grandfather opens his mind a wee bit."

Gary's jaw dropped and remained there. He wouldn't have to work strenuous hours in shady jobs to afford a roof over his head. He could stay right here in his home town with his childhood crush until the start of their journey. ".... thank.... you." Words of gratitude tumbled out of Gary's mouth before Gary could catch them.

Ash's mom leaned in between the two boys and kissed the forehead of the taller boy. Ash turned around to Gary, his eyes wide and sparkling. Ash intertwined their hands once more, leading him towards the stairs. Before Ash could climb the stairs, he was swung around to face the brunette. His fingers swam over the small boy's hips, pulling him closer.

"Ash, I have to return home." The pout that sprayed across Ash's face melted Gary's heart. "Listen Ashy-Boy, I love your cute little clothing, but they aren't exactly my size. I'm grabbing clothing and heading right back, okay?" Gary quickly added before his heart melted over his ribs. He stretched his head out, planting a small kiss on his forehead. His head lowered slightly, his lips brushing softly against his nose. The small of Ash's neck pushed forward slightly with help from Gary's hand; his lips pushed back from another pair. Before Gary could pull back, Ash had his fingers interwoven in Gary's brown locks. Ash sucked his bottom lip between his own, nibbling softly.

When he finally released Gary, his bottom lip bounced into it's original placement, puffy and redder. "Arceus, you're going to kill me." Gary whispered before turning away and walking back into the rain.

Ash shamelessly stared at Gary's ass as he left the house. The corners of his mouth fell as he climbed the stairs, making his way to his room. Once arrived, he cautiously picked up the red hoodie and brought the hoodie to his nose. Comfort bred throughout his veins when he inhaled, his body overwhelmed by the smell of Gary.

He slung it over his shoulder and collected a pair of clean boxers. Finally, he entered the bathroom and threw the clean clothes onto the counter, a sleeve sliding slowly into the bowl of the sink. He stripped and turn the faucet handle, slipping the arrow into the red area. It did not take more than a few seconds for the steam to fog the mirror, the glass shower door, and wall.