Chapter 6

I slept for what felt like days. I wake up dreading the light that showed up every time I opened my eyes.

This time, he seemed more worried. A cross and caring expression was plastered across his face. His hair flopped in front of his face like he just got out of the shower or something. I fidget around. I'm back on the bed, changed.

"I didn't think you would faint from the rocking of the boat," he says.

"I didn't think I would either."

"I need you alive, so don't do anything stupid," he says and gets up.

"You only need me alive to take down my father. I'm not some girl for you to just play around with like a toy."

"You indeed aren't a toy," he eyes me down, "but I wouldn't want to treat you like one."

I stare at him my eyes bulging out. He did not just threaten me.

"Look, I still have no obligation to be here. Rather I am of no use to you. So let me go," I pleaded.

"I decide when you stay and when you leave," he roared back. "Now shut up and keep yourself busy with your phone and laptop."

I blow a couple strands of hair away from my face. For the first time, I saw his lip tug upwards. He grinned at me making an effort to blow the hair out of my face.

"Oh, and, pack up a few outfits of yours."

"Why?"

"We're going to Paris."

"Paris? What for?"

"Business."

"Why is business always your excuse. You clearly have other stuff happening."

"Other stuff that is none of your concern."

"I'm not a sack of potatoes for you to transfer without my permission," I hissed back.

"You're coming whether you like it or not."

"If I'm going to risk my damned life and sit here in a household with a man like you, I should have the right to know."

"A couple trade offs, and ownership transfers."

"That's it?"

"What, do you think I'm a drug dealer?" he asks offended.

"No, not necessarily," I begin, but he cuts me off.

"I'm an actual business man. A few clubs, casinos, restaurants, and hotels. The people only fear me because my father was a dangerous man and I followed in his path."

I can't help but admire and hate him. I really don't know how to react. "Then why are you so aggressive to me?" I question.

"It's who I am now."

Now. What about before. What about later?

He walks out of the room his shirt hung over his right shoulder. I didn't even realize he wasn't wearing a shirt until then.

I could tell I irritated him enough through the many day's I've spent in his realm, but he was always so guarded. I didn't even do much to be honest. I wasn't sure why my existence bothered him so much.

I could feel the tension. It was like a taught rope and needed to be cut with a knife.

<~~~~>