20 | SCREW YOUR COFFEE

"There's pain behind those smiling eyes."

❛❛「₪」❜❜

John's P.O.V.

"John?" She said.

"Hmm?" I ran my fingers through her beautiful hair.

"I- I have AIDS."

I wasn't prepared for that... not at all. So this is what has been happening to her? This is why she keeps fainting? This is why she threw blood? Oh god... I don't believe it.

I hugged her really tight. Emma would say, that when you pull somebody into a tight hug, it helps them reduce their pain. And I knew it was true, because I had felt it.

First, she laid her head on my chest. Slowly, I could feel her weeping, and then... she cried. She cried everything out. I could feel her tears soaking my shirt, making it wet, not with her tears, but with her emotions that were once deeply hidden.

"It's okay." I whispered as I stroked her hair. "You're fine. All you need is a positive belief alright?"

"My positive belief won't kill the disease in me." She sobbed.

"It will." I said, breaking the hug and holding her tight. I took her belongings in my other hand and made her sit in the car. As I sat on the driver's seat, I said, "Let's go home?"

She nodded, still kind of weeping.

All the time, while I was driving, she kept staring at me until we stopped for a signal. She looked at the road, and then back at me, in confusion. She had realised she was on an unfamiliar road.

"I am taking you to my home." I smiled, stroking her head. She lifted her hand up, to where mine own was. She held it. Her soft little fingers, entangled in mine own. Her tight grip, leaving marks of her nails on the back of my hand. They feel good.

"I love you." I smiled.

"I love you too." That is it. She said it. Finally! She said it!

I was about to pull her into a hug but we heard constant horns from behind. The signal was over. So I went on to drive again. As we reached the apartment, I took her in, giving her the support of my arms.

Her side touched mine, and her hand was on my shoulder, while mine was on her waist. She was all I wanted. Her love was all I wanted.

After we got in, I kept all the extra stuff on the table. We were still wet, water dripping from our clothes, making the floor wet. The water from our skin had been absorbed, but the moisture was still felt. There was a cold sensation which was still being felt on the skin.

"I will get you some clothes." I told her, helping her to the chair. I went in the room, and after I changed myself into my casuals, I took out one of my old shirts, which I used to wear when I was thinner. Though it was still too big, it was not enormously oversized. I took out a pair of pants, unsure if they would fit her, but whatever. We'll see if they don't.