21 | BETTER THAN MISERIES

"You deserve a relationship where both sides never stop trying."

❛❛「₪」❜❜

Ash's P.O.V.

"Ready hun?" John came in, grinning, and asked.

"Are you out of your senses?" I whispered. His grin immediately turned into a frown.

"Why?" He pouted.

"We are at work. And I am your boss. Stop calling me names."

"Alright ma'am. Despite the fact that we are humans first and thus, we have all the right to fall in love, I will listen to you. Because, you are my boss! And I am at your service, okay boss?" He smirked.

"Shut up and go back to work." I said. sneaking back into the screen.

"What do you mean work?"

I sighed, opening a new tab on my MacBook and searched 'definition of work'.

"Activity involving mental or physical effort done in order to achieve a purpose or result." I read aloud.

"What the hell Ash?"

"Definition of work." I shrugged.

"You nincompoop! I meant that you don't need to work because it is already past 7:30."

"Oh. Hey wait, stop calling me nincompoop in the hotel! We. Are. At. Work!"

"Got you ma'am. Now can you come? We have to talk to your donor remember?"

"Oh yeah right! Well then, wait a minute. I'll wind it up and come."

"Come I'll help." He said, coming towards my desk and putting my stuff in my bag.

After we were done we switched off the lights and left the cabin, and right after that I realised I had forgotten a file.

"Wait. I need to take a file."

I went in to take it, but it was above a high shelf. And even after trying for long I couldn't reach.

"Wait." He said, coming towards the shelf. "Lemme help. Which one?"

"The black one on the top of the pile." He rose on his heels, almost touching me. After around half a minute, he finally got it, and not being able to stand anymore, he almost lost his balance.

"Careful." I said, holding his muscled arms.

"I am fine." He smiled, wrapping his arms around my neck.

"John. Not here."

"Shh." I could see his white teeth glowing in the dark room.

And then he came too close to my face. So I couldn't stop myself, and then we were kissing. Our hands were entangled with each other's bodies.