nine

[LOCKDOWN LOVER]
TEXT MESSAGE

GROUPCHAT: the boys (and jen)

jen lots of progress made with billie but accidentally maybe text my ex before said progress was made?

jonas Jen...

dylan u fucked up, tell her ur not interested and be honest with billie

luca NO! she is BAD for you!!

jen ik but shes also my ex

jonas Ex for a reason.

[LOCKDOWN LOVER]

Billie had been on cloud 9 since herself and Jen kissed. Claudia knew that something was up, but she was true to her promise and didn't tell Finneas anything, nor did Jen. The duo had been spending their days hiking, writing cheesy songs about one another and doing a whole lot of kissing.

They hadn't taken things further than that. Jen wanted to treat Billie like the Queen she was, and taking things slow seemed like the best way to do this. She wanted Billie to know that she wanted her. Not for her fame, or her fortune, but because of her smile that could made Jen melt every time, and her blue eyes that never failed to give her butterflies. Her compassion and bold spirit that never dwindled, and her voice that made Jen want to press her lips against hers and get lost in a thousand moments with her.

Jen traced her fingers across Billie's face she lay
on her lap, a livestream set up on Jen's Instagram as they responded to comments. "Are y'all dating?" Billie read, looking down at Jen who smiled. "Are we?"

"I don't know, are we?" Jen teased. After spending the last week feeling out their relationship and avoiding questions that were too invasive, they finally felt more comfortable with what they were doing.

Jen recalled the day after their first kiss where Billie sat her down and explained it all. She talked about her fear of liking a woman, her worries about having to come out, and the stress of having label pushed upon her. She told her about seeking advice from Claudia and spending countless evenings thinking about how she was going to tell Jen how she felt. Jen made a mental note to speak to Claudia when she got the chance. When she was finished, they shared a sweet kiss and left it in the past, wanting to focus on the present and future.

Billie giggled in response, shaking her head before answering some more questions. The live stream ended eventually after the pair said their goodbyes.

Jen sat up, "Are you busy tonight?"

"It's quarantine, how could I possibly be busy?" Billie laughed to a now blushing Jen.

"Be ready for seven then," Jen responded, promptly standing up before Billie could ask any questions.

[LOCKDOWN LOVER]

"Is that okay?" Jen called out after herself and Finneas had finished recording the final vocals for 'Her'. Finneas nodded as Jen tugged off the headphones and sat down next to him at the production deck.

"When were you gonna tell me?"

Jen's heart began pounding against her chest. She knew that Finneas had been off with her, she just didn't know why until now. "I- Um- Listen Finneas I-." Jen didn't have the words to say, and Finneas didn't care to listen. He huffed, pushing his chair back and standing up, folding his arms across his chest.