nineteen

Jen was getting used to waking up with her arms wrapped around Billie tightly, their bodies pressed together closely as Jen's breath tickled the back of her neck. They would lie in each other's company, soaking in the moment as if it would never happen again before they inevitably had to drag themselves out of bed and begin their days.

Their room finally felt like theirs again, with everything set back up how it once was and a picture of Billie and Jen now hung up on the wall. A photographer at Jen's release party had taken it a few weeks ago, Jen's arm slung around Billie's neck as they both grinned brightly at the camera.

Jen slipped out of bed, ignoring Billie grumbling for her to come back with a small smile. She planted a kiss upon her forehead, covering her back over with the duvet.

After changing she headed down to the back yard, sparking up a joint almost immediately and sitting down on a deck chair.

It was barely five am but Jen had recently found herself awake at these times. She put it down to fucking up her sleeping pattern over the last few weeks due to the constant partying, but Billie blamed the alcohol and substance abuse.

Jen took a hard drag of her joint, reaching into her pocket and holding the foil pack that contained eight Xanax. Los Angeles was full of more dealers than you could name, all selling prescription drugs that Jen had began to stockpile.

She fiddled with the foil wrapper, staring at the pink pills that were screaming to be taken.

There was no need for her to take one.

But she did.

She gulped the pill down, stuffing the packet back into her pocket and putting the joint back to her lips. Jen knew she'd have to hide the pack from Billie, she'd freak if she found out that Jen was doing more than just smoke pot. To be fair, Finneas and Claudia would probably do the same.

She wasn't dependent on drugs though. Everybody else was just overreacting. It's completely normal for a teenager to want to get high and drink away their days.

Or at least that's what she told herself.

[LOCKDOWN LOVER]

"Popstar!" Jen called, searching the house for Billie. After sharing breakfast together, Billie had vanished and Jen was starting to get bored without the green haired girl by her side. They spent every waking second together now, it was rare to see them apart for more than an hour.

"One second J," Billie shouted back as Jen reached their bedroom door. "Not yet!"

"It's not like I haven't seen you naked before," Jen scoffed outside the door, earning a glare from Finneas as he walked past her and down the stairs.

Finneas had taken their relationship well this time around. Whilst not officially dating, he knew that they would be in the near future and he was completely content with it. As long as Jen didn't fuck with Billie, there wouldn't be a problem.

"I'm not naked," Billie laughed, slipping out of the bedroom door and closing it behind her. "Right, that room is out of bounds until further notice, got it?"

"Why?" Jen questioned, following Billie down the stairs and tapping her like a young child.

"Because I said so," Billie chuckled back as Jen groaned. Billie sauntered into the living room, plopping down on the couch as Jen trailed behind her, wondering just how mad Billie would be if she ran upstairs and looked inside their bedroom.