Chapter 8. On A Way To Recovery

Narrator's POV -

After helping Luffy he walked over to the the room across the hall, he knocked but no answer.

He walked in and they were sound asleep, he walked out and smiled before seeing other patients.

He let the 2 sleep for a while. A couple hours later he cane back to wake them up.

He proceeded to tell them about how Luffy would probably have to stay here for a few days.

They understood and left the building slowly walking back to the ship in the dark.

~Next Morning~

Luffy woke up early the next morning, he wasn't feeling any better, the anesthesia wore off and he was feeling the pain again.

As he laid on his back helpless, he looked around and everything.

He noticed that he was in a room, the lights were off and there wasn't anyone around.

What he does know is that he's in a hospital room and he couldn't of known due to him being carried in plus he's never being in 1 before.

He looked around but his vision got blurry and felt like he was about to hurl.

The nurse woke up in time because she seen that Luffy was about to throw up.

She rushed over and grabbed the nearest thing she could find that he could throw up in. It was a bedside pan.

She had to dump it a few times due to how much he threw up and due to the pan being small.

After throwing up everything he had eaten in the last few days he laid his head back on the pillows, sighing before slightly closing his eyes.

He looked towards the nurse and tried speaking but nothing came out, it was still just squeaks and strained words.

"Wait don't speak, you'll hurt yourself." She told him.

He stopped talking and just stayed still, Hibana checked his vitals before leaving to get the doctor.

Luffy laid on the bed staring up at the ceiling, wondering how he got there and where he was.

He was in a lot of pain but didn't know why, he was starting to get bit freaked out.

Just then the old guy and the 2 nurses walked into the room, he had a big smile on his face.

"Hello Luffy, I'm here to help you so you don't need to be afraid. We're just going to give you some medicine to help with your stomach ache." He smiled.

"Who...." Luffy tried speaking.

"Shh don't speak, you'll hurt yourself. I'm Doctor Freeds and I'm good friends with Miss Vivi. She had informed me that you might be coming this way."

Luffy wasn't sure if he could trust him but after hearing that he was friends with Vivi, it calmed him down a bit.

His heart rate went down a bit after calming down.

The pain subsided for a few minutes but started up again.

He screamed out in pain, this time a little sound came out.

He gripped the bed sheets tightly, shutting his eyes tightly as he tried calming down.

"Luffy we need you to calm down a little bit for the medicine to kick in, can you do that for us?" The old guy looked straight at Luffy.

Luffy tried calming down but but hurt too much. "Ow....'sigh'....." He could speak but it was quiet and hard to understand.

"Hibana, Seo would you mind helping him to the bathroom.

Luffy looked up at them with fear in his eyes, the doctor left the room.

The 1 nurse explained what is happening to him. "Luffy, the pain your feeling is something we call kidney stones.

Kidney stones is a hard like ball substance. It forms because you either have excess body weight, you've gone on a diet or a medical condition.

It starts off as a small pain and it gradually gets worse by a stabbing pain in your abdominal area or a sharp pain in your back."

He tries to speak but he can't, he starts crying a little so they help him to his feet.

He grunted and moaned while they helped him walk to the bathroom.

He sat down on the toilet and they closed the door.

Words - 719

Kidney Stones are no joke, they hurt a lot and are very painful to pass.