Chapter 11. Should I Tell Them?

Narrator's POV -

After breakfast Zoro and Sanji got ready to leave for the hospital again.

Walking up the streets felt like an eternity, since the hospital was very high up in the town.

Once they got there Hibana, 1 of the nurses that was helping treat Luffy greated them. She showed them to his room.

She opened the door and they walked in to see a half awake Luffy looking at them.

"Zoro.....Sanji." Luffy ruffly spoke trying to sit up.

"Be careful Luffy you don't want to fall." Zoro rushed over to help Luffy sit up.

Sanji just smiled and waltz over to the bed. Hibana smiled and closed the door, leaving them to catch up.

Sanji's POV -

"How're you feeling Luffy?" I asked grabbing a chair and placing it near the bed.

"This morning.....I gave birth, to salt......babies......" He said some what out of breathe and had a raspy voice, it sounded like he was straining his voice so he could speak.

Both Sanji and Zoro, after hearing that statement confused them a lot.

Just then a nurse walked in holding a clip book with papers on it.

"Sorry to intrude but I overheard your conversation, he's still a little delirious from the anaesthetics we gave him earlier.

What he's talking about is a medical issues he had earlier today."

"Well what is it?" I asked wanting to know why he was in so much pain.

"Do you mind if I tell them?" She asked before getting the ok from Luffy. She then continued tell them.

"What happen this morning was just a simple passing of kidney stones." She told them, checking on his IV. and other stuff.

"Ha more like, hard.....that re-really, hurt." Luffy added trying to smile.

"He had kidney stones?!" Zoro and I asked in unison.

"Wait what're kidney stones?" I ask the beautiful nurse.

"Kidney stones are small and sometimes rarely large but they're essentially made up of excess salts and minerals in the body.

It can be hours or even days until they pass. Does that suffice you're question." She looked over at me smiling.

"Um yes thank you." I thanked her and looked towards Luffy.

Zoro asked her something but I wasn't paying any attention.

I caught myself staring before I was doing it too long.

After about an hour of being there Luffy was finally discharged.

Leaving the hospital I got to carry Luffy this time. Thankfully this time he was a little more lively and was able to hold onto me.

Narrator's POV -

On the ship everyone asked what happened cause their captain was gone so long.

He just told them the same thing he told Zoro and Sanji

"That idiot. 'Huff' it's not a salt baby!
Apparently he had both the flu and a bad infection." Zoro told them, not wanting to tell them the truth.

He wanted to keep his captains privacy, rather then telling them.

"That serves him right for not wanting to take better care of himself." Usopp announcement.

Sanji's POV -

I carried him down to the small room again. Upon getting down there Luffy got off my back himself.

"Careful." I told him letting him hold my arm for balance.

He sat down on the bed and laid back, I could see a faint smile on his face as he called out to me.

"Hey San-Sanji.....come sit..." He said in between breathes.

He still couldn't talk properly but still managed to hold a short conversation.

I sat down next to him, he slowly sat up resting his head on my shoulder.

'Omg this is the moment! I should tell him, no I can't.' I debated for a few seconds on my head.

I slowly rested my head on his head, I didn't know how he was going to react, so I was ready. I didn't know what for, I just felt like I had to prepare for something.

He started lifting his head so I did too. What he said I still couldn't believe.

"Sanji, like......you...."

Words - 684

Ooooo gettin spicy now~ 😏😉