Chapter 1. Luffy Get's Sick?!

This takes place after the Straw Hats crew left Alabasta. Also keep in mind, this isn't what actually happens. It's just a fanfic, so enjoy the story. :))))

Narrator's POV -

Traveling from Alabasta to the next Island; Luffy felt unusually unwell, but he didn't tell anyone because he didn't want to worry them. I know, big mistake....

No more then an hour later, Luffy got an odd feeling. "Uhh-" Luffy groaned, then only to get sick all over Nami.

Her being her, she got mad at him and chopped/hit him on the head. "Idiot!" She shouted as she stormed off to clean herself up.

Luffy feeling even more sick, stumbled to the railing by the edge of the ship. His vision was getting blurrier, and his mind was racing. As he stumbled over, he was just going to sit down; but he ended up missing the railing and falling into the water. Splash

Sanji was the first one to notice Luffy fall in, he jumped in after Luffy and grabbed him from the ocean water.

Sanji swam back with Luffy, within his grasp; back over to the ship. He pushed Luffy up to Usopp before climbing up himself. Zoro grabbed Luffy from Usopp and moved him out of the way so Sanji can climb aboard.

"Hey Luffy, get up," Zoro said tiredly, already exhausted from the training he'd done a few hours prior. After getting no response, he left to go take a nap.

"Oh be nice Zoro, you know he can't swim," Robin stated with a quick glance in his direction.

Nami and Usopp notice that Luffy hadn't moved since he was brought back aboard. She bent down, checking if he's still breathing. "Chopper! Come quick!" Nami shouted, eyes wide.

Chopper ran over as quickly as his little legs can go. "What's wrong Nami?"

"He's not breathing-" Nami got cut off by Luffy, suddenly spitting up water/blood all over the deck. They all freak out as their captain is seemingly dying.

Robin yelled at Nami to elevate his head quickly, she did by lifting his head and propping it up on her lap. He stopped spitting up blood and coughing, that helped clear his airway.

Chopper told Sanji to take Luffy inside the little room where Nami sleeps. "Geez Luffy..." he groaned as he picked up his half dead captain.

He carried Luffy inside the room, and laid him down on the bed. Chopper had followed them into the room to make sure Luffy was ok. He told Sanji that he can leave, Chopper then looks after Luffy for the reminder of the day.

'I bet he was spitting up blood because of the large wound in his chest,' Chopper thought, bandaging up Luffy's wounds.

After dinner; Chopper called to everyone to come down to the room, he wanted to discuss what he thought was happening to Luffy.

Robin and Zoro had stayed behind, cleaning the dishes because Sanji told them so. Well, only Zoro; but Robin wanted to help.

"His body heat is decreasing rapidly, and if we don't get his body warmed up. He might not wake up from the sleep he's in," Chopper said, sheepishly.

Nami went under the deck to retrieve two extra blankets for Luffy. She put them on him, tucking him in the best she could.

When night fell, Nami was then complaining about how uncomfortable the Hammocks were. "Ugrr....how can you sleep in these things?" She complained rather loudly.

Luffy could hear her complaining. He woke up some time after everyone went to their respected sleeping areas.

I mean who couldn't hear her complaining? Everyone was awake and pretending to be asleep, so she'd get the idea to shut up.

He weakly stumbled out of the bed, and told Nami that she could have the bed. She was overjoyed that he'd sleep down there.

She excepts the offer and happily left, he slept in a hammock.

Nami did feel bad about taking the bed back, but was happy that she could finally sleep in comfort once again. "He'll be fine, it's Luffy."

Since Luffy was sick, he couldn't sleep properly; his stuffy breathing would wake up him up every once in a while.

Words - 716

A bit of a shorter chapter, but there's more to come! 😝