Chapter 2

AN: heys Guys hope your enjoying my story! I'm so excited to be writing it. Please leave comments and vote!

I slowly drive down the gravel street towards the cabin. This thing is more secluded then I thought. I had to stock up on 2 weeks of groceries, the closest store was over an hour away, and forget about a gas station near by. Good thing I filled up at the last one.

It's been 3 days since the biggest betrayal of my life, Joseph won't stop calling and texting me, I swear at one point I thought he was going to show up at alexis's house, but he didn't. I had to settle everything with my business, make sure I was set up to have my assistant and my other event planner take care of everything, I knew I could trust them, I have a great team.

Theres no cell reception out here, Alexis told me her uncle has a landline hooked up to the cabin, and there was a small tv with a few channels. I brought my DVD player and some movies just in case I wanted to watch something not on basic cable. I gave the landline phone number to my girls at work, and Alexis already had it.

I was secluded, the closest thing to me was another cabin that I could see through the woods, a small cabin with a bit of smoke coming from the chimney. I'm not sure why the would light a fire in 80 degree weather but who am I to judge.

Rowland's POV:

I heard the sounds of a car slowly driving up to the McArthur cabin, Oscar McArthur had told me his nieces friend would be staying for a month. This was definitely an annoying situation. Nobody stays in that house until the end of the summer, I always have time to prepare myself, I don't like noisy people, I'm not a huge fan of people in general, I like being alone.
I have lived out in this cabin for about 8 years now all alone and I like it that way.
I was a broken man, and nothing could fix me between the massive ptsd and the pain I felt everyday from my accident, I just didn't need to add another person to worry about.

She is a city girl...she doesn't know how to be in the woods, she will be gone before I know it. Let's just hope until then she leaves me alone.

Kelly's POV:

After unpacking my suitcase I grab my book and go sit on the deck, on one of the beautiful wood rocking chairs Alexis's uncle built. This is exactly what I needed, the peace and quiet, the sound of birds chirping, the smell of lake water, and just being surrounded by beauty.
'Crack!' 'Crack!'
Well there goes the peace and quiet, I step down from the deck and go to investigate the noise, it echoes through the small layer of woods between my cabin and the other cabin. 

As I get closer to the woods the noise grows, finally I can make a distinction. Someone is cutting wood with an axe. As I get closer I can see him, tall muscular, bearded, and dripping in sweat... I swear I thought I could faint, this man was the most beautiful man I have ever seen. It's like he was taken out of one of my romance novel fantasies. I just stare for a few minutes, I can't look away, I may just be drooling. 
"Hey!" I hear him yell as he looks towards the woods, he doesn't sound happy.
I snap out of my fantasy and book it back to my cabin. Maybe he didn't see me?