Chapter 9

Kelly POV:

I arrive to Alexis's house finally, I use my key to unlock the door and just crawl into bed with her sobbing my eyes out. She pulls me close to her and just starts whispering in my ear consoling me.

I kept Alexis up to date on everything, she knew who Rowland was, she had been to the cabin many times with her family, she had met him once and found him cold and un inviting but very sexy. When I told her what was going on between us she was skeptical, she knew a bit of what he had been through but refused to tell me, she said he would tell me when he was ready. I guess he was finally ready....

I wake up the next morning still in her arms, my whole body aching from crying uncontrollably, I didn't know what I was going to do.

3 weeks later...

Rowland POV:
For the past 3 weeks I have been trying to figure things out, I came and saw the only man I felt I could talk to, my father. My mother died when I was young and my father was the only family I had left, I was his only son, and my grandparents were deceased. I had no aunts no uncles, nothing, just my dad.
"So when are you going to go see her?" Says my father.
"What do you mean? She's probably forgotten about me" I say as I start to pack my bags. I'm leaving my fathers and heading to my other property, I ended up staying here for three weeks when I intended on staying for only a couple days.
"You want to marry her" he blurts out at me.
I look at him in shock, "how do you know that?"
"Son... you need to start thinking about your happiness, she's it for you. You need to man up take responsibility, and go find her, if she rejects you well then there you go, you can be alone, but if she doesn't then you get a lifetime of happiness."
"Who are you and what have you done with my father?" I say with a smirk. My father has been single ever since my mother passed when I was young. He definitely never seemed like the romantic type, and I've never heard him talk like this, it was so out of the ordinary.
"When I met your mother son, I wasn't looking for love, I didn't want it, but guess what, we don't chose love it chooses us." He sighs "your mother was it for me, she was the love of my life and if I didn't listen to my instincts I never would have had you."
"She died dad.., I could never go through something like that."
"Son I never thought I could either but I did... the memories I have with your mother will live on forever, and just because she died doesn't mean the woman you love will, give it a chance Rowland, you will regret it if you don't."
I don't know what to do... everything had been telling me I need her, I have tried to get her out of my head but I just can't... I know I hurt her... what if she can't forgive me..

3 days later

Kelly's POV:

I finally found an apartment, I had been staying with Alexis for the past few weeks trying to get over Rowland. It wasn't working. I fell for a man in 2 weeks, I felt like a complete idiot, but I couldn't get him out of my head. I decided to try and date again...
I've been back at work for a couple of weeks now, after planning a party for some rich hotshot ceo he wouldn't stop bothering me to go on a date with him. I finally gave in. As I'm just about done getting ready I hear a knock at my door. "He's a little early" I say out loud but to myself. "Coming!I'm almost ready" as I pull open the door without looking up I say "your early, we aren't supposed..." I look up.., it's not ceo... it's.... it's Rowland....