Chapter 12

AN: hey guys I'm so sorry for the long wait! Life has been crazy busy but I'm hoping to give more regular updates. We have just a few chapters left in this story so bare with me 😊

Kelly's POV:

I'm in a very confined space, even with my eyes closed I can feel it all around me.. I slowly open my eyes trying to take in my surroundings. I have to be in a trunk, I'm assuming it's Joseph's because mine isn't this small.

I start looking around for anything that could be used to get away from him. Joseph has never been violent, he may have been an asshole and a horrible fiancé but I have never seen him truly angry before.

The car all of a sudden starts to slow down, I can feel it coming to a stop on what sounds like gravel beneath me. This is to damn quick, I haven't found anything to wack him with yet. I hear footsteps nearing the trunk and I hear the click of the keys. As he opens the trunk I realize it's dark out, how long was I out for?? He looks down at me and what I see in his eyes scares the shit out of me. I have never seen this look in his eyes before, I swear he looks almost possessed.

I feel his hand grip around my arm and he pulls me up. "What the hell Joseph? What are you doing?" He looks at me with darkness in his eyes and laughs. Goosebumps erupt all over my skin and not the good kind, I feel like I'm going to be sick.

One thing I realize is I'm not bound by anything, he hasn't tied me up or made anything immobile, if I could just get up quickly enough to catch him off guard i could attempt to make a run for it. He slowly turns to grab something behind him and as quickly as I can I jump up attempt to kick him in the nuts which apparently doesn't work and I make a run for it. I hear him laugh as I get further from him and then all of a sudden he has me over his shoulder.

I'm so disappointed in myself, I just made myself a complete cliche, some weak girl who hits the guy once and thinks she can actually get away?? Yea right, he was a track star in high school. "Baby you know I love when you play hard to get" I start yelling and smacking his back as hard as I can but of course again it doesn't faze him. He just laughs again, ohh how I used to love his laugh now it just makes me want to punch him. "Baby I don't want to tie you up but I think I'm gunna have to, can't have you trying to run from me again" he carries me over to what looks like a beat up old shed. I know this is on one of his parents properties. Their old house. He brings me into the shed and when I go inside it no longer looks like a beat up shed, it's like a mini studio apartment.

"Joseph please, you have to let me go, you don't want me, if you did you wouldn't have cheated on me!" I plead while trying any way possible to get out of his grasp. "Shut up!" He yells, "I told you it was a mistake, you promised to marry me and you will, not that fucking man you found in the woods" how does he know who Rowland is? He hasn't seen me other than at the dress shop, and I don't know anyone who would have told him extensive information about Rowland... all of a sudden I feel him throw me down on some type of hard surface and again everything goes black.

Rowland's POV:

"Alexis where is she?" I almost yell while pacing the living room.
"What do you mean where is she? Rowland she should be home we left the dress shop hours ago."
"She never came home... did something happen??? Did she seem unhappy?" He continues to pace the floor, he can feel the anxiety building, she wouldn't just leave him, he knows that. Something wasn't right.
"Rowland I don't know.. she seemed so happy, I don't know where she could be."
"Meet me outside the dress shop 10 minutes" I hang up the phone throw my jacket on and bolt out of the door. Where are you babygirl? I say to myself.

10 minutes later I arrive at the dress shop, Alexis is already standing outside waiting for me. She waves me down and I jump out of the car. "Rowland her cars here" she says with a panic filled voice. I run over to where her car is parked slightly away from the shop, it's still unlocked and I can see stuff sprawled all over, I'm assuming she dropped her purse...

"someone took her" I say with tears brimming my eyes, Alexis just nods clearly in shock. She runs around searching the rest of the car, I feel like I can't move anymore... "Rowland! Rowland! Snap out of it and come here" I shake my head trying to clear the shock from my system and walk over to her. "This isn't hers" Alexis lifts up a pamphlet, it's an advertisement for a justice of the peace. Alexis slowly turns it over and it has all sorts of information about what they do, but it also has a date and time... there's also my fiancé's name along with a males name. "Holy shit" Alexis yells, I look over, "that's Kelly's ex" all of a sudden anger washes over me. This motherfucker kidnapped my fiancé, and is trying to force her into marriage??? Hell no.

Well looks like me and Alexis are gunna take a little road trip.
"Do you know how to get to the address on the pamphlet?" I say to Alexis
"I'm sure I can figure it out" she says as we jump in my car.
"Figure it out fast" I say as I start to drive, I will find you babygirl I promise.