6: Out of luck

Heidi

Song: West Coast by The Neighbourhood

It has been four weeks since the last time I saw my best friends, which means I've been stuck with Curtis and his horny sex talk.

Don't take me wrong, I love my brother, but we tend to fight when we spend too much time together.

"How much longer? My bladder will explode," Curtis complained to Mom and Dad, manically shaking his leg.

"Just a couple more minutes," Mom replied, not turning around. "Look, you can see the school!" she told Dad and pointed her finger in the distance.

All I could see was the sea and trees, though.

"Maybe you have an STD from all the girls you fucked," I told him and Dad immediately shot me a warning look through the rearview mirror. "What? It could be a serious problem," I defended myself.

"Heidi, apologize to your brother, immediately," he ordered me, intensely staring at me with his unusual eyes as his blond hair fell on his eyebrows.

I remember he used to slick it back every morning when we were kids, but he stopped doing it recently when Mom said how hot he looked with loose hair.

I crossed my arms and looked at smirking Curtis. "Yeah, Heidi, apologize. I'm really hurt," he mocked me, placing a hand over his heart.

I clenched my teeth and looked at Dad, who was impatiently waiting for an apology.

I groaned and turned to Curtis. "Fine, I'm sorry you can't keep it in your pants," I told him annoyed. "Who is it this week, Lydia or Rena?"

Dad sighed and Mom chuckled, but Curtis didn't look so playful anymore, but annoyed. "Rena is the one, I can feel it," he insisted, but I scoffed and looked out of the window.

"You say that every time."

The more time passed, the better view I got.

Soon enough, we arrived in front of a place that had the size of a castle. With eight massive fields, one for football, soccer, track, ocean field, crocker, two for tennis and one for basketball, the school also had two towers for Astronomy and a private beach.

There are many more interior locations I haven't been able to see from outside, but I can't wait for a tour.

"We're here," Dad announced and we all rushed out of the car to say our goodbyes.

I knew from the moment they said they'll send us here that Mum will cry when they drop us off. Dad hugged her shoulder and looked at us with caution.

"I hope you two behave and finally learn your lesson-"

"Heidi!" a familiar voice screeched in the distance behind me and I instantly turned around. "OMG, I missed you!" El started running towards me and pulled me in for a hug.

"Missed you too, bitch," I chuckled and hugged her back, finally feeling at home.

It's an understatement to say I missed my best friend. She has been my rock since before I hit puberty and these few weeks without her have been torture.

"OMG, I missed you. Yes, bitch, I missed you too," Curtis mimicked us and rolled his eyes afterward, which earned him a warning glare from Dad.

I glanced at him dead in the eye and looked at Ellis who was quietly standing behind El.

He was wearing an all-black outfit, his messy head covered with a beanie, and had just inhaled cigarette smoke.

He didn't even look at me, which was weird because we hung out a lot.