8: Ellie can't find out about it

Heidi

Song: In Too Deep by Sum 41

"I'm not feeling these showers," I muttered while I tried to cover myself as much as I could.

"Just hurry up, I'm not standing here all day," El complained, still guarding the door as I washed my body.

Yes, I did wake up El at 6 AM just so I could shower before anyone else because I'm indeed an insecure piece of shit.

"El, can you pass me the shampoo?" I gestured towards my shower bag on the other side of the room.

"Yeah, no probs," she got inside and handed me the bottle, doors shutting behind her.

"Thanks."

"Uh, Dee?" she glanced at me, trying to open the door from the inside.

I widened my eyes, praying this isn't actually happening.

This can't be happening.

"El, I swear to God..."

"I can't open them!" she panicked, banging against the door.

I quickly got out of the shower and covered my body with a towel, examining the situation.

"Did someone lock us in?" I asked her, trying to open them myself.

We exchanged looks and thought of the same thing - Iris and her barbies.

Who else could it be?

They obviously threatened us last night before they walked away.

"We literally got here yesterday and we already have enemies!" I whined, covering my face with my hands.

"How do we keep getting into these situations?" she asked me, entertainment sparkling in her eyes.

Although everybody considered her a goody two shoes, she loved the adrenaline and somewhat dangerous situations, which is why she fits in with the rest of us.

"Seven years of friendship and I still don't know," I chuckled, sitting on a wooden bench.

"Do you have any good plans?" she asked me.

"Do they have to be good?"

"Yes."

"Then no."

I looked around the bathroom that looked almost like any other shower room in actual high school, a bunch of shower heads with nothing separating them.

There were no windows, either.

"Okay, it's official, we're gonna die here," I surrendered when a beeping noise brought my hopes up.

"El! When were you going to tell me you brought a fucking phone?!" I asked her as she picked it up from a bag.

"I forgot!"

"Who the fuck is even texting you at six in the morning?" I asked her as she looked at it.

"Oh, it's just Chris," she smiled and started typing.

I furrowed my brows, suspicious about their closeness.

I think Ellis would literally murder Chris if they ever started dating and I... well, I'd lose my best friend.

When El's passionate about something, she dedicates her every second to it.

So when she finds a boyfriend, I know she will forget about me.