9: Just keep walking

Heidi

Song: Champagne Supernova by Oasis

It's the night before the first day of school.

El and I went to bed around midnight, although I fell asleep many hours later.

I wasn't nervous, no.

I was terrified.

Terrified of new teachers, people and surroundings.

A sudden, light knock on the door startled from my gentle sleep and I quickly got up, walking towards it.

Why would anyone knock on our door in the middle of the night?

What if it's them?

"It's me," a male voice whispered and I immediately recognized it.

I opened the door and stepped outside, afraid El would wake up and see him.

Ellis stood only inches from me, a smirk covering his face while a purple blanket rested in his arms.

"What are you doing?" I asked him as darkness surrounded us, looking at the blanket.

"I'm kidnapping you," he took my hand into his and dragged me through the hall. "Be quiet."

Maybe I was just too tired or simply didn't want to resist him, but I silently followed him through the garden to one of the football fields.

"Really? Under the bleachers?" I smirked as he placed the blanket on the grass. "Could you be any more of a cliché?"

He gave me a bitter smile and pointed to the ground, where he put the blanket. "Here, sit," he took off his hoodie and smiled.

"Wait, you're voluntarily giving me your hoodie?" I asked him, putting it over my pajamas. "I hope you know this is mine now."

He snuggled beside me and wrapped his arm around me, silently chuckling. "I know."

After that, silence fell upon us and we just stared at the sky as cold air softly pinched my cheeks.

"You still didn't tell me why did you wake me up," I insisted. "El could've been the one to open the door."

"You know that's not true, she sleeps like a lion," he fired back, looking down on me with a cheeky smile.

"What?"

"Nothing, you're cute when you try to argue with me," he chuckled and looked back at the sky.

"What? I wasn't arguing with you. You're the one who woke me up in the middle of the night."

"I was bored," he defended himself, a small smile hiding behind his lips.

"No, you weren't," I smirked. "You couldn't stop thinking about that kiss."

He looked at me with raised eyebrows. "Oh, is that so?"

"Yup."

He opened his mouth and closed it, amusement and desire swirling in his eyes. "You're right," he gave up.

"I know."

"Let me kiss you," he got closer, staring at my lips.

I looked away, trying to stop myself from making the same mistake twice.

"That's never going to happen again," I rejected him, although my heart begged me to change what my mind already decided.

He cupped my chin and pulled me closer, our bodies brushing against each other.