Introduction

A sea of gray clouds shuffled below. Perfect, square white pillars reached from under the clouds and reached up to gray-yellow light shining down. Two comets soared side by side, twisting in a dance.

"En route. Switch to mobile mode imminent. Warning. Large energy signature detected."

"Switch to mobile mode complete. Warning. Large energy signature ahead."

The two comets in the sky shot off in separate directions. A third comet appeared, drenched in holy light.

"Engagement mode activated. Current speed, one-hundred and twenty miles per hour. Collisions fatal."

The pair of comets shot trails of light at the third. They swung around it from separate directions and became locked in a dance.

"Warning. Large energy signature detected. Current energy level by comparison: one point five percent."

The third comet flowed back as the two advanced. She danced in wide motions, firing back glowing projectiles of all colors.

"When!?"

"Wait for it..."

The two comets reached either side of the light.

"Now!"

The two comets crashed together.

A Pikachu and Buneary with black metal spines rounding over their backs charged forth through the air. The bottom edge of the spines shone red with their body's energies, rocketing them against her shield. Mother caught each of them in her two hands, unmoved. She waved her arms, and threw the Buneary back.

The spines connected to his ignited and coughed as he stabilized himself in the air. When he looked up, Mother was striking back. A torrent of light crashed over him.

The second comet darted up above Mother. The Pikachu took a breath, stayed, then charged again while she was distracted.

Lights shot up from below him. He swerved left and right, but the spines on his back were hit by one. As the rest of the barrage came, the Pikachu disconnected the spines from around his back and entered free fall.

"Just die already!"

Mother's eyes widened.

________________________________________________________________________________

The ancient pokemon that created the world left ages ago. The Trio Continent in the northern hemisphere had a special place in the order they left. As was natural, the creatures continued to unite under banners, clash, and unite again.

Valor, founded by a pokemon known as Azelf, evolved towards the south. Verity, by his sister Mesprit, nearby. The mightiest of all, Acuity, by their brother Uxie to the north. The civilizations advanced beyond villages and their leaders, until they became kingdoms with high ideals of what greatness is defined by and why they weren't quite there yet. After raising each kingdom up from villages and havens of life, the three Legendary pokemon gifted and cursed their descendants with genes passed down from parent to child.

"To the Valorian royal family, descendants of Azelf, I will grant you fearlessness. You will not be able to feel fear to save your own life, or fear that prevents you from saving another."

"To the Veritan royal family, descendants of Mesprit, I will grant you emotions like raging storms. You will be able to feel the emotions of others, and experience double of what other creatures feel, for better and worse."

"To the Acuitan royal family, descendants of Uxie, I grant you distance from all you observe. You may sometimes fail to understand the illogical beauty of life, but you may learn if you so desire."